Contribute
Register

Intel HD Graphics Framebuffer Edits - Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
2nd monitor isn't active
Are both monitors connected to both motherboard DP ports?
Does each monitor work with the working DP port?
Why did you edit both DP ports to HDMI ports?
See Post #1/Problem Reporting; attach all requested files

Hello! Help to understand did everything as written,but when prescribing Intel HD Graphics/text / property/framebuffer (hex, dsdt/ssdt)
HD 630/KBL / AAPL, ig-platform-id/00 00 12 59 is happening panic core! Under replace on 03 00 12 59 all in order!! And not can understand works whether Intel HD Graphics HD630 in FCPX!!! Tell me what I have wrong!:banghead:

Attachments

• iMac0.ioreg
    26.4 MB · Views: 104
  • Boot Log.zip
    8.9 KB · Views: 55
  • DSDT.aml
    155.7 KB · Views: 139
  • SSDT-0.aml
    966 bytes · Views: 151
  • config.plist
    28.3 KB · Views: 198
HD530 graphics

I am trying to add Appleintelframebuffer patch to clover and trying to get 4k.

When I connect via HDMI and open IOregistery I can see my HDMI on AppleIntelFrameBuffer @1 on port 0x5 (00 08 00 00) when I do same for DP I can see AppleIntelFrameBuffer @2 on port 0x6 (00 08 00 00).

my hdmi Audio works fine on both port whether I have patch applied on clover or not. Boot normal always

I have Dell Optiplex 3050 which has only 2 ports one is HDMI and one is DP.

I have also copied CoreDisplayfixup.kext and lilu.kext to clover kext folder. I have also applied AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer 9 Cursor patch.

I don't know whether I need appleintelframebuffer patch or not. Also when I add 4 display patch my system restart but when I disable it boots normal.

I would appreciate if some one could spend little time on my setup and see where am I getting wrong.

Many thanks for your time in advance.
Shania

You don't need any kexts or patches or anything. Just change your platform_id to 0x193b0005 and it will enable the correct frame buffer for display port and you can use 4k scaling natively.

Why are you suggesting a mobile framebuffer for a desktop system?

Because I could not find another solution to the 4k retina scaling issue with HD 530 graphics. I spent ages trying to get it working and this is the only way that I could get my 4k screen to work with scaling enabled.

Is it not a good idea? Is there a better work-around?

Last edited:
Eliminates a screen, max 2 rather than 3 for Intel HD graphics.
Attach an IOReg.

You mean only being able to attach two monitors? I only use one at the moment so I don't see that being a problem.

Attachments

• RGW.ioreg
    7.2 MB · Views: 144
You mean only being able to attach two monitors?
I stand corrected. Did the research, 0x193b0005 supports LVDS DP DP DP. LVDS is ignored in Desktops, 3 displays supported with different connectors from 0x19120000.
Post #1 updated. Thanks.

I stand corrected. Did the research, 0x193b0005 supports LVDS DP DP DP. LVDS is ignored in Desktops, 3 displays supported with different connectors from 0x19120000.
Post #1 updated. Thanks.

No problem. As I said this was the only solution I could find to being able to use my LG 27UD68 4K screen with HD530 graphics. I got the idea after comparing framebuffers while connecting my girlfriends 2016 MacBook Pro to the same screen.

Screen Shot 2018-04-09 at 14.32.57.jpg

This gives all HiDpi scaled resolutions available with no need for Screenresx or other modifications.

Performance is O.K. it is usable for light work browsing the web etc. Frames drop with more intense applications like editing photos in Lightroom etc. In that case I use RDM to quickly change between 2560x1440 HiDpi scaled and normal 2560x1440 when using more graphics intense apps which gives better performance.

Screen Shot 2018-04-12 at 09.51.02.jpg

So far I have not encountered any problems with this arrangement.

I haven't heard of anyone else using these settings so I can't confirm that it works on all machines. The only reason I tried was because I don't have space for a dedicated graphics card inside my case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back