Contribute
Register

Intel HD Graphics Framebuffer Edits - Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
just the DVI one connected, that monitor works and is recognised
IOReg - with both monitors attached and described patches shows 1 monitor attached
Attach IOReg with only the DVI monitor attached.

HDMI is port 0x7. No need for port 0x6 patch, remove. Restart, attach IOReg.
Shut down, switch the monitors. Restart, attach IOReg.
Thank you for your help!

Disabled 0x6 patch. No visible changes.
Swapped monitors - now Smaller screen ( which is now on HDMI ) is squeezed. Good after sleep->wake.
Irrelevant: Interestingly. OSX still thinks it's a "primary" display - shows login options on it, like it did before swapping.

Tried disabling 0x5 patch as well - smaller monitor is black on boot and after sleep. Although OS thinks it's there.

Files for before and after display switch attached. Patches 0x5 and 0x7 are enabled, 0x6 disabled in clover.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 129
Last edited:
IOReg - with both monitors attached and described patches shows 1 monitor attached
Attach IOReg with only the DVI monitor attached.
Hi toleda. Thanks a lot for your quick reply and for your help! I attached the IOReg requester - DVI Monitor Only. Thanks again!

Attachments

• IOReg - DVI Monitor Only.ioreg
    5 MB · Views: 139
Files for before and after display switch attached.
HDMI connector does not matter as both display are DVI; set resolution as appropriate, set primary as desired.
No mention if either configuration booted to working displays, yes or no?

Remove port 0x5 and 0x6 patches. Restart with both monitors attached and attach new IOReg.

Hi, thanks for your reply!

I did as you told me and it still doesn't work but I got the IOReg.

Thanks for helping me!

Attachments

• IOReg - 0x5 and 0x6 patches disabled.ioreg
    5 MB · Views: 157
One display shows. Likely an issue with the DVI monitor, no further suggestions.

Thing is I also tried a Apple Cinema HD Display through DVI and it does the same thing. I am sure it is some kind of framebuffer issue or something of the sort because I used both monitors with Yosemite and they were just fine. Thanks for the help anyways! I hope I can fix it somehow...

after waking from sleep and you turn on fb freezes in Safari Browser. I added the patch but it did not help.
after restart everything works well.
macos 10.12.1 hd4600 intel pls help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back