Contribute
Register

Intel HD Graphics 5500 - Need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which ig-platform-id from/to?

I changed ig-platform-id from 0x1616000 to 0x16160002. The second one should have more fb memory than the first one I think.

I changed ig-platform-id from 0x1616000 to 0x16160002. The second one should have more fb memory than the first one I think.

Yes, it is.

Just for clarification.:)

After injecting CPUType = 0x0606 in Clover, i5-5200U could be recognized as Core i5 with proper frequency in "About this Mac", otherwise showing Unknown in Processor part.
Still no cpu power management, and ACPI_SMC_Platform.kext was still loaded.

After we used a modified version of ssdtPRGen script to generate SSDT.aml, X86Platform.kext and X86PlatformShim.kext are loaded, and IOPPF: XCPM Mode message was shown in console.

I added Broadwell's CPUs information and Apple's new Board-IDs to ssdtPRGen script, so I think CPU power management should be fine.
But, yeah, Clover needs an update to inject "proper" cpu type.

About SSDT, what if you don't use ssdt.aml, and set DropOEM=True, GenerateP/C=True, PluginType=1 in config.plist?

About SSDT, what if you don't use ssdt.aml, and set DropOEM=True, GenerateP/C=True, PluginType=1 in config.plist?

Unfortunately it does not work.... XCPM is not taking effect just as if there is no SSDT present.

Unfortunately it does not work.... XCPM is not taking effect just as if there is no SSDT present.

Can you help me get past the KP? I set DVMT=64 by EFI Shell, use ig-platform-id=0x16160002, InjectIntel=True, FakeID=Null. Can you send me your current config.plist?

Can you help me get past the KP? I set DVMT=64 by EFI Shell, use ig-platform-id=0x16160002, InjectIntel=True, FakeID=Null. Can you send me your current config.plist?

In my case, if DVMT is 64MB, there should be no panic because BDW fb kext only check if DVMT>34MB. Can you post your panic picture or report? And could you verify in Windows that DVMT is truely 64MB? It can be found under resolution->advanced.

In my case, if DVMT is 64MB, there should be no panic because BDW fb kext only check if DVMT>34MB. Can you post your panic picture or report? And could you verify in Windows that DVMT is truely 64MB? It can be found under resolution->advanced.

Here is info:
HD5500
Total Available: 3839MB
Deidcated Video Memory: 0MB
System Video Memory: 0MB

I followed this (actually this is sontrg's laptop)
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/305597-intel-hd-graphics-5500-need-some-help/#entry2127462

setup_var 0x18C 0x2

Here is info:
HD5500
Total Available: 3839MB
Deidcated Video Memory: 0MB
System Video Memory: 0MB

I followed this (actually this is sontrg's laptop)
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/305597-intel-hd-graphics-5500-need-some-help/#entry2127462

setup_var 0x18C 0x2

that is my laptop actually. Unless you have exactly the same machine as mine, do not try those command. Otherwise you may damage your BIOS. The correct way is to extract your BIOS and look inside and find the right address to make the change.

You will find that dedicated VRAM=64MB after you do it correctly.

Which ig-platform-id from/to?

Finally it freezes. Somehow it is longer than usual case, which seems almost random to me... Have to find the solution in other places...

that is my laptop actually. Unless you have exactly the same machine as mine, do not try those command. Otherwise you may damage your BIOS. The correct way is to extract your BIOS and look inside and find the right address to make the change.

You will find that dedicated VRAM=64MB after you do it correctly.

I'm testing on this laptop http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/305597-intel-hd-graphics-5500-need-some-help/#entry2127462 (not your post). The picture in that post is actually from this laptop.

Anyway, we managed to set VRAM=64MB, but now got KP at AppleACPIPlatform... Will mess something with config.plist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back