Contribute
Register

Intel HD Graphics 5500 - Need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I booted in verbose => scripts => apple logo => stucked

UPDATE: FINALLY manage to boot the installer. Thank you for all your help :)

I assume you discovered "patience is a virtue."

Lol no... It stucked there for 30 minutes, so I just simply power off and boot into the USB again xD
And then, it works

Lol no... It stucked there for 30 minutes, so I just simply power off and boot into the USB again xD
And then, it works

Cold boot can sometimes correct an issue... Best to always cold boot.

I always boot in verbose.
I used the code "setup_var 0x18c 0x03"
probably switching to 96MB, I followed the instruction from zaidshb

I would be gratefull if you could help with it.
I have almost exactly the same laptop as yours , exept for the resolution of the screen.
Have you change the DVMT-prealloc to 64mb by altering the bios?
Is there a reliable guide for this, cause I am afraid of bricking the Laptop...
Finally can you tell me what bios version you were up (in case you have change the DVMT by changing bios)...

Thank you very much

You can always refer back to
Austere.J's post for info.
1. Use Backup Tools from this link to backup your Bios (Run it as administrator)
2. Use Universal IFR Extractor to extract the Bios.
3. Use UEFI Tools to look for the value of DVMT (as i mentioned in my case it was 0x18C)
4. Use EFI Shell and copy it to a USB drive and boot your laptop using the USB. run the command to change DVMT value (in my case it was setup_var 0x18C 0x3)

I found these files uploaded by a user in Austere.J's post by i don't remember where, so here you go

The guide is already written above by me for your exact model

I am also tryning to install El Capitan to my Dell 7348 Laptop, but I am stuck at the first step (Changing DVMT value). The link that you have provide for Backup tools is dead, but I have maneged to grab the file from other source. Anyway I run the Backup tools (as Admin in Win 8.1) and although I got error during the proccess I got the results file. The file "x32_bios-region_10.0.30.1072.bin" actually is present at the results folder, but it is not regognized by the universal IFR extractor. I have tried A00, A04 and A07 version of bios with no success. Is there a specific setting on the bios that should be done before getting the backup? Also I am very confused to the matter if I have to change the DVMT value in order to install OS-X. Is it a matter of stability for the system or a requirement for installing El Capitan (I have read somewhere that you can used a patched version in order to bypass the check by the OS instead of altering the DVMT value, which I would prefer as the system is still in warranty...).
I also read the guide
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-guides/177845-guide-dell-inspiron-i7-7348-dual-boot-windows-10-a.html, but there is no reference of backing up the bios and target the parameter for changing the DVMT value. Anyway, cause I am very noob to all this, the more I read the more I get confused, any help would be highly apreciated....

Thank you

I am also tryning to install El Capitan to my Dell 7348 Laptop, but I am stuck at the first step (Changing DVMT value). The link that you have provide for Backup tools is dead, but I have maneged to grab the file from other source. Anyway I run the Backup tools (as Admin in Win 8.1) and although I got error during the proccess I got the results file. The file "x32_bios-region_10.0.30.1072.bin" actually is present at the results folder, but it is not regognized by the universal IFR extractor. I have tried A00, A04 and A07 version of bios with no success. Is there a specific setting on the bios that should be done before getting the backup? Also I am very confused to the matter if I have to change the DVMT value in order to install OS-X. Is it a matter of stability for the system or a requirement for installing El Capitan (I have read somewhere that you can used a patched version in order to bypass the check by the OS instead of altering the DVMT value, which I would prefer as the system is still in warranty...).
I also read the guide
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-guides/177845-guide-dell-inspiron-i7-7348-dual-boot-windows-10-a.html, but there is no reference of backing up the bios and target the parameter for changing the DVMT value. Anyway, cause I am very noob to all this, the more I read the more I get confused, any help would be highly apreciated....

Thank you

Im in the same boat as you. I have a MSI Cubi that I got for about 70 bucks off. Its like a smaller version of a mac mini. WOuld be super cool to run OSX on it. Anyway, I cant do the DVMT change either because the Universal IFR Extractor doesnt says UEFI, or it cant work with my extracted file. Our hardware is the same mostly, but Im on a barebones little unit, and you are on a laptop. But mines is a Intel i5 5200u with Intel HD 5500 graphics. My windows display says 128gb.
My install boots perfectly fine though, but I just show 6mb of video ram in OSX.

Im in the same boat as you. I have a MSI Cubi that I got for about 70 bucks off. Its like a smaller version of a mac mini. WOuld be super cool to run OSX on it. Anyway, I cant do the DVMT change either because the Universal IFR Extractor doesnt says UEFI, or it cant work with my extracted file. Our hardware is the same mostly, but Im on a barebones little unit, and you are on a laptop. But mines is a Intel i5 5200u with Intel HD 5500 graphics. My windows display says 128gb.
My install boots perfectly fine though, but I just show 6mb of video ram in OSX.

Note that the information provided by Windows is useless.

Read FAQ: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Sorry, the reply was meant for Thedon regarding to the MSI Cubi setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back