Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> intel hd graphics 4600 & 4K: no UI scaling options

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here you go ....

@lionnez

Ok .. thats looking better now ... IGPU info shows correct IGPU type and injected Platform ID (0x04160000)

Now we need to see what your IGPU port mapping looks like ... please select Platform ID 0x04160000 in the Hackingtool drop down selector and then go to the connectors tab ... you should see a red highlight on the currently active connector, click on it (it should turn blue) take a screen shot and post ..

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 16.08.22.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 16.08.22.png
    115.6 KB · Views: 107
  • Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 16.08.43.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 16.08.43.png
    160.8 KB · Views: 137
  • Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 16.22.13.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 16.22.13.png
    180.1 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
There you go. Should be DP instead of DigitalDVI

@lionnez,

Ok as we can now see, MacOS is treating that IGPU port as DigitalDVI which is is why your display output is
limited to 2560 x 1440 resolution.

PortID 5 is also Bus ID 5 which can be safely reassigned to DP.

According to the Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 User Manual the motherboard supports just two Display connectors :-

Sabertooth_Z97_MK-2-REAR-IO.png

1 x Display Port
1 x HDMI Port

We know that the DP is Port5 (BUS ID 5) .... If you want to also use the HDMI port then you need to plug one in and find out what the PortID and BUS ID is (they do not always match).

Then you need to use @CaseySJ framebuffer patching guide to change the connector types, indexes, ports .. etc to the correct values. Everything you need to know is in his guide here :-

You can skip over the Preperation section which details how to set the correct PlatformID as we have already done that, but you need to read and follow the Procedure section carefully...

I cant do it for you as it has to be done on the target machine ..

Make sure you make a copy of the current config.plsit in /EFI/Clover and call it config-last.plist ... that way if you cant boot MacOS after generating the framebuffer patches and adding them to your active config.plist you can always get back in by selecting config-last.plist using the Clover -> Options -> Configs.

@CaseySJ monitors that thread closely so if you get stuck or have questions its best to post on that thread rather than this one ....as long as you follow the guide you should be OK and once the IGPU ports are configured correctly you should be able to run at 4K with the HI-DPI Scaling options available.

I tend to add any new patches manually to the config.plist using a code editor that way you wont loose any existing patches ... if you decide to let Hackingtool update your config.plist then don't forget to always make sure that the Platform ID in Hackingtool drop down is set to 0x04160000 and that you enable the 2048MB VRAM option and select HD 4600 for Device ID on the Advanced section of the patch tab before generating a new set of patches for your IGPU as detailed in the guide:-
Screenshot 2019-04-25 at 17.05.52.png
Question: Is there any particular reason your using NullCPUPowerManagment.kext ? ... Haswell power management is natively supported in MacOS (I use it myself on my White Knight System) ... one of the SSDT hotpatches I sent you injects the Type1Plugin parameter required to enable native CPU & IGPU Power Management, but having the NullCPUPowerManagment kext installed will over ride it ... so it should be a case of removing that kext from /L/E and rebuilding the caches (just run kext utility) to get native PM support working.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
If you want to also use the HDMI port

I don't want to use HDMI, only DP. and according to the guide all I have to do in this case is set the value to DP, patch it to the config and that's it. didn't work. stock at loading screen.

I will ask my question in his guide. but I did think its possible. I think I have to get a GPU

I don't want to use HDMI, only DP. and according to the guide all I have to do in this case is set the value to DP, patch it to the config and that's it. didn't work. stock at loading screen.

I will ask my question in his guide. but I did think its possible. I think I have to get a GPU

@lionnez,

Yes it should be possible to get it work ... I think you will have to configure the correct connector flags in addition to changing the connector port type ...

Adding a dGPU will certainly improve MacOS performance if you need it ... if you do remember to reconfigure the IGPU as headless by using Platform ID 0x0412000B ... that way macOS will use IQS for jpeg and H264 video encode/decode.

Cheers
Jay

@jaymonkey I wanted to thank you very much for your great help. I bought MSI RX 580 ARMOR OC and everything works perfectly out of the box :) THANK YOU

@lionnez,

No Problem, glad your up and running ... as mentioned above don't forget to configure your IGPU as headless using the Platform ID i gave you ... IGPU headless setup is detailed in my guide if your not sure how to do it :-

You can remove the 2048MB VRAM Patch from the device properties in your config file and reclaim some system memory as there is no need for it when IGPU is configured headless.

Cheers
Jay

Attachments

• debug_29582.zip
    4 MB · Views: 44
  • Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 14.49.44.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 14.49.44.png
    363.4 KB · Views: 105
  • Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 14.50.01.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 14.50.01.png
    388.9 KB · Views: 106
  • Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 14.50.27.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 14.50.27.png
    307.2 KB · Views: 98
  • config.plist
    8.3 KB · Views: 105
Okay, I did everything you said. it's still running. I think it's all good now?

@lionnez,

IGPU properties in your config.plist are incorrect for headless mode as can be seen in Hackintool info page this is because you still have 0x04160000 for Platform ID ... also the 2048MB VRAM patch is enabled.

I've made the changes to the config.plist file you posted above and is attached below ...

Cheers
Jay

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.1 KB · Views: 69
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back