Motherboard
Lenovo Ideapad 330s
CPU
i3-8130u
Graphics
Intel UHD 620
Mac
  1. iMac
Sorry if I am way off base here. I have no intentions of updating to Lion (I need Rosetta).

But will Chimera (and Intel HD 3000) work with Core i3 (530) Snow Leopard (non-DSDT) 10.6.8?

Or is Chimera a Lion-only bootloader? Or will Intel HD 3000 only work with Lion? Or is HD 3000 support only for Sandy Bridge?

EDIT: I have an H57 Express mobo, which means it is not Sandy Bridge?!

EDIT: I have 9800GT working nicely at the moment with late Chameleon/Graphics Enabler in /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist. I would love (working) HDMI out, and no DVI->HDMI will work with my current setup. This machine DOES HAVE HD 3000 tho!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

themacmeister said:
Sorry if I am way off base here. I have no intentions of updating to Lion (I need Rosetta).

But will Chimera (and Intel HD 3000) work with Core i3 (530) Snow Leopard (non-DSDT) 10.6.8?

Or is Chimera a Lion-only bootloader? Or will Intel HD 3000 only work with Lion? Or is HD 3000 support only for Sandy Bridge?

EDIT: I have an H57 Express mobo, which means it is not Sandy Bridge?!

EDIT: I have 9800GT working nicely at the moment with late Chameleon/Graphics Enabler in /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist. I would love (working) HDMI out, and no DVI->HDMI will work with my current setup. This machine DOES HAVE HD 3000 tho!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/08/chimera-15-update-sandy-bridge-hd-3000.html

I see what you did there...

Thanks B.

I see where it says it is recommended for all systems.

I was just wondering if I had the correct kexts? I have retail 10.6.8 (combo update from 10.6.7, Apple updated from retail 10.6.3 install).

PS. Can I use both GPUs at once for multi-monitor setup?

Re: I see what you did there...

themacmeister said:
Thanks B.

PS. Can I use both GPUs at once for multi-monitor setup?

You'd probably need to incorporate some advanced DSDT edits for running two graphics cards.

Re: I see what you did there...

beelzebozo said:
You'd probably need to incorporate some advanced DSDT edits for running two graphics cards.

Yeah, but I only want HD 3000 for OSX (for working HDMI), and Win7 should work with both automatically (if I set BIOS to start with integrated).

Cheers.

C.

Are you 100% sure that you have an intel hd 3000 gpu and not a gma 3000 or x3000?

The HD 3000 is integrated in only some of the newer sandy bridge i5 and i7

Unless you have a secret engineering sample of the core i3 530 with a secret revision of the motherboard, you can't have the hd 3000 gpu

Tipika said:
Are you 100% sure that you have an intel hd 3000 gpu and not a gma 3000 or x3000?

I am 100% sure in my own mind -- all hardware readouts show Intel HD Graphics 3000 GPU, and I have checked TWICE with Dell themselves. I believe that this is a pre-Sandy Bridge Core i3, because it is running on an H57 Express chipset, not a SB chipset!!!

I will enable the graphics, and look into it further from my Win7 boot!

Many thanks... fingers crossed!

themacmeister

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back