3770k OC @ 4.5GHz
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
HD 4000 screen tearing

I have had this problem as long as I can think back (Mountain Lion and now in Yosemite, on Lion I have used a dedicated GPU). And it hasn't bothered me a lot because the software I used didn't trigger this problem. But now a lot of the ones I use do.

Whenever I run a software that doesn't use the regular GUI that OS X offers like for example Photoshop (especially when in Lens Distortion Tool which requires 3D acceleration), Atom (Githubs new editor) or even Vimeo's player in full screen I occasionally encounter graphic glitches. They are just quick bursts of horizontal black/white lines. This problem only occurs more frequently if graphic intense things happen like a special GUI or video playback. However not in VLC, QuickTime, YouTube. Only software that seems to have implemented their own graphical system.

I also noticed that when I boot into Yosemite, the loading bar gets just a quarter then the screen blacks out and comes with a distorted apple logo back and finishes loading the bar.

Is anyone experiencing the same?

I am using the iGPU from my 3770k and a 2560x1440 display over DisplayPort.

I think I have made some progress. The problem I referred to would better described by "screen tearing".

Also changing the "IGPlatformID".. which is by default set to "0166000A" (which is the ID for mobile iGPUs), caused the login/boot screen problem to go away. Although boot up time increased significantly. However it made the screen tearing even worse.

So I guess my HD 4000 is not identified correctly or not loaded properly. I have tried about 8 different IGPlatformIDs none of them solved the problem.

Can anyone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back