Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
On my 888 chip system I only have one functional audio out. My front panel header is connected but I can't seem to get any output from it. Being curious I did some research on the Intel HD Audio system (codenamed Azalia) and was surprised to see it's supposed to be fully supported by Mac OSX via the HDAudio kexts.

Is this true or is it specific to apple hardware for full functionality?

I'm guessing on a true Mac Pro there is a way to configure multi-channel audio output vs. stereo and a way to configure the connections as inputs or outputs (I'm guessing they are dual function connection jacks depending on a software switch).

Is there more functionality available in the Intel HD Audio mobos which just needs a developer to extend or an application written? If so I may consider sponsoring said work.

Can someone detail the functionality we have or should have vs. what we could have ? (if there's a difference right now).

Well, as long as you're using the updated LegacyHDA kext from MultiBeast and the proper DSDT, you should have more outputs. I've updated my board's pathmaps section in the LegacyHDA.kext itself to experiment with different outputs. I now have all 8 jacks in the back working, plus headphone in the front.

Working on updating all of them for the next MultiBeast revision. Here's a test subject for ya. Let me know if it works- the more info the better- screenshots of System Profiler and System Preferences/Sound would be great. ;)

ALC888- test LegacyHDA with pathmaps edits

Attachments

• LegacyHDA.kext.zip
    9 KB · Views: 1,095
Here's the before shots - using F6 bios and DSDT w/ LegacyHDA kext from original Easybeast in /Extra/Extensions

Running a line in from my cable box only worked on one back panel jack, it doesn't work using the front panel mic / line in.

I haven't tried the digital inputs yet (I have a toslink and a coax jack on the back panel). I plan to try connecting the toslink output from my xbox360 later today.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-03-16 at 11.42.05 AM.png
    Screen shot 2010-03-16 at 11.42.05 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,259
  • Screen shot 2010-03-16 at 11.42.38 AM.png
    Screen shot 2010-03-16 at 11.42.38 AM.png
    1 MB · Views: 1,137
  • Screen shot 2010-03-16 at 11.42.44 AM.png
    Screen shot 2010-03-16 at 11.42.44 AM.png
    1 MB · Views: 1,005
Status
Not open for further replies.