Contribute
Register

Intel HD 630 Low Refresh Rate on 2560x1440

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am using Clover R4035 but unfortunately I couldn't see the "boot without cache" option according to your FAQ.

So I tried 2 things:
1. In Clover, I chose "Boot without injected kexts", then rebuilt cache through command line and rebooted
2. In Clover, I added "-f Kernel=mach_kernel" as boot arg, then rebuilt cache through command line and rebooted

Both are not working...

Please find my ioreg and config.plist as attached. Thank you.

"Boot without cache" is not available in later Clover versions, but you can still set kernel flag "-f" via the Clover options.

"Boot without cache" is not available in later Clover versions, but you can still set kernel flag "-f" via the Clover options.
Tried "-f", rebuilt cache again and rebooted, still black screen
You mentioned that there might be something wrong in the config.plist
Would you please take a look at my post #30 "4.zip"? Thanks.

Tried "-f", rebuilt cache again and rebooted, still black screen
You mentioned that there might be something wrong in the config.plist
Would you please take a look at my post #30 "4.zip"? Thanks.

You entered the patch incorrectly.
You have empty MatchOS and MatchBuild fields.
This is like disabling the patch... Empty MatchOS and empty MatchBuild fields will match nothing.
It is what you get for using Clover Configurator...
Remove the MatchOS and MatchBuild entries with a proper plist editor (Xcode or PlistEdit Pro).
Avoid use of Clover Configurator.

You entered the patch incorrectly.
You have empty MatchOS and MatchBuild fields.
This is like disabling the patch... Empty MatchOS and empty MatchBuild fields will match nothing.
It is what you get for using Clover Configurator...
Remove the MatchOS and MatchBuild entries with a proper plist editor (Xcode or PlistEdit Pro).
Avoid use of Clover Configurator.

Okay, so I used Xcode to:
1. remove MatchOS and MatchBuild fields
2. remove old "4 displays" patch which has problem
3. verify both new "4 displays" & "port 0x7 to hdmi" patches ok
4. save config.plist

Then rebooted with "-f" boot arg, then rebuilt cache, then rebooted again.

Sorry to tell but I still get black screen. Framebuffer@3 is still not appearing... see my 5.zip below

Note: I also tried to patch it to mac14,2 instead of 17,1 but same result so I reverted back to original configuration

Attachments

• 5.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 106
4. save config.plist

Sorry to tell but I still get black screen. Framebuffer@3 is still not appearing... see my 5.zip below

Note: I also tried to patch it to mac14,2 instead of 17,1 but same result so I reverted back to original configuration
Tried to capture below dmesg. Does it help?

sudo dmesg | grep IGPU
[IGPU] Will fallback to host-side scheduling if graphics firmware fails to load
[IGPU] Scheduler Tail Coalescing Enabled.
[IGPU] Scheduler Tail Coalescing Enabled.
[IGPU] Chose to use graphics firmware based on platform
[IGPU] *****************************************************************************
[IGPU] Failed to initialize graphics firmware. Falling back to host-side scheduling
[IGPU] Scheduler interface revision = 1: Default EL Scheduler
[IGPU] *****************************************************************************
[IGPU] Graphics accelerator is using scheduler interface revision 1: Default EL Scheduler
[IGPU] Scheduler: Multiple channel indexes per command streamer
[IGPU] Scheduler: Process CSB using HWS.
[IGPU] Scheduler: PM notify enabled
[IGPU] Graphics Address: PPGTT, Separate Address Space
[IGPU] MultiForceWake Enabled: Using 3D Driver
[IGPU] Scheduler Throttle Cap = 100ms.

4. save config.plist

It could be that iMac17,1 is causing your issue.
Keep in mind that changing SMBIOS causes the system to boot without cache (such that Clover patches don't work).
No more ideas here.
For you to investigate.

You could take problems with Clover kext patching out of the equation by patching the kext on disk directly. At least you won't have to wonder whether the expected patch applied or not...

Last edited:
It could be that iMac17,1 is causing your issue.
Keep in mind that changing SMBIOS causes the system to boot without cache (such that Clover patches don't work).
No more ideas here.
For you to investigate.

You could take problems with Clover kext patching out of the equation by patching the kext on disk directly. At least you won't have to wonder whether the expected patch applied or not...

Thank you RehabMan for your time and support. Much appreciated.

Thank you RehabMan for your time and support. Much appreciated.

Actually, I found the problem last night...

Need to use this patch as a generic 4-display patch (works with most, but not all ig-platform-id values):

Find: 0103030300002002
Replace: 0103040300002002

We can't use the preceeding 00000000 because it is the target of a linker fixup, therefore by the time Clover sees it is not zero anymore.

Need to use this patch as a generic 4-display patch (works with most, but not all ig-platform-id values):

We can't use the preceeding 00000000 because it is the target of a linker fixup, therefore by the time Clover sees it is not zero anymore.

Nicesh work... this is the info I needed RehabMan thanks you! I can confirm this works with 17.1 system profiles...

Good news is that my Framebuffer@3 is back, but the port-number is showing 0x0 but not 0x7, so now my system keeps rebooting. Guess I need a revised "port 0x7 to HDMI" patch to make it work again. Please see my attachment below 6.zip

Appreciate if you can help on this again. Hopefully it will be the last piece of the jigsaw.

I will be travelling tomorrow so I will skip the testing for a week. Anyway, thank you!

Attachments

• 6.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 103
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back