Contribute
Register

Intel HD 630 Low Refresh Rate on 2560x1440

Status
Not open for further replies.
>>You should probably remove the patches you have for the framebuffer and start over with that process...
Same result. DP works but still not HDMI.

>>You should try other ig-platform-id values, different SMBIOS.
Tried all different options available for Skylake in Clover 4003 but no luck. Also changed SMBIOS from 17,1 to 13,3 but no effect.

I think it's time for me to retire my HDMI display (which has been with me since I built my first hackintosh from 10.5.x)...

Thank you very much RehabMan for your expert advice! Much appreciated![/QUOTE]

>>You should probably remove the patches you have for the framebuffer and start over with that process...
Same result. DP works but still not HDMI.

>>You should try other ig-platform-id values, different SMBIOS.
Tried all different options available for Skylake in Clover 4003 but no luck. Also changed SMBIOS from 17,1 to 13,3 but no effect.

I think it's time for me to retire my HDMI display (which has been with me since I built my first hackintosh from 10.5.x)...

Thank you very much RehabMan for your expert advice! Much appreciated!

Perhaps your HDMI port is on port 7 (0306 connector)...
Look up/search for the 4-displays patch.

Hurray!!! It works like a charm!! Thank you so much RehabMan!

Hi RehabMan, I need your help again please.

I updated my system from 10.12.3 (fully functional with graphics acceleration) to 10.12.4 via App Store yesterday. Once the update was done, my PC kept rebooting indefinitely. I could only break into the system by disabling ig-platform-id injection or giving an invalid value to "IntelGFX" during the clover boot process. As you would expect, the graphics acceleration no longer works.

I did try to re-install FakeSMC, FakePCIID and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics but no luck.

Any recommendations please?

Hi RehabMan, I need your help again please.

I updated my system from 10.12.3 (fully functional with graphics acceleration) to 10.12.4 via App Store yesterday. Once the update was done, my PC kept rebooting indefinitely. I could only break into the system by disabling ig-platform-id injection or giving an invalid value to "IntelGFX" during the clover boot process. As you would expect, the graphics acceleration no longer works.

I did try to re-install FakeSMC, FakePCIID and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics but no luck.

Any recommendations please?

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Attachments

• 1.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 85
  • 2.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 93
1.zip was captured when injecting an invalid IntelGFX value during the boot process (so no graphics acceleration)
2.zip was captured when booting Verbose (black screen on HDMI display but able to enter the OS, so I captured using another PC via VNC)

Looks like AppleIntelFramebuffer@3 no longer exist...

Generic "4 displays" patch (the one you have has known problems!!)...
Find: 00 00 00 00 01 03 03 03
Replace: 00 00 00 00 01 03 04 03

Keep in mind if you boot with an invalid FakeID/IntelGFX you will force the framebuffer kext out of cache and Clover will not be able to patch it. This is why you should not do that... you should use an invalid ig-platform-id instead, then rebuild cache, then reboot. That way Clover can patch the kext now in cache...

Generic "4 displays" patch (the one you have has known problems!!)...
Find: 00 00 00 00 01 03 03 03
Replace: 00 00 00 00 01 03 04 03

Keep in mind if you boot with an invalid FakeID/IntelGFX you will force the framebuffer kext out of cache and Clover will not be able to patch it. This is why you should not do that... you should use an invalid ig-platform-id instead, then rebuild cache, then reboot. That way Clover can patch the kext now in cache...
To be exact, I did the following:
1. Disabled the problematic "4 displays" patch in Clover configurator
2. Added a new patch for AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer you described above
3. Saved config.plist
3. Rebuilt cache by sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /"
4. Rebooted

Now the situation is:
If I connect my display to DP port, system gets rebooted indefinitely.
If I connect my display to HDMI port, system can boot but still black screen. I have attached the ioreg fyr. Still not seeing Framebuffer@3...

Attachments

• 3.zip
    537.3 KB · Views: 101
To be exact, I did the following:
1. Disabled the problematic "4 displays" patch in Clover configurator
2. Added a new patch for AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer you described above
3. Saved config.plist
3. Rebuilt cache by sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /"
4. Rebooted

Now the situation is:
If I connect my display to DP port, system gets rebooted indefinitely.
If I connect my display to HDMI port, system can boot but still black screen. I have attached the ioreg fyr. Still not seeing Framebuffer@3...

You need to boot without caches, then rebuild cache, then reboot.
Clover cannot patch kexts that are not in kernel cache.

You may have other issues in your config.plist. You did not attach it.

You need to boot without caches, then rebuild cache, then reboot.
Clover cannot patch kexts that are not in kernel cache.

You may have other issues in your config.plist. You did not attach it.

I am using Clover R4035 but unfortunately I couldn't see the "boot without cache" option according to your FAQ.

So I tried 2 things:
1. In Clover, I chose "Boot without injected kexts", then rebuilt cache through command line and rebooted
2. In Clover, I added "-f Kernel=mach_kernel" as boot arg, then rebuilt cache through command line and rebooted

Both are not working...

Please find my ioreg and config.plist as attached. Thank you.

Attachments

• 4.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 82
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back