Contribute
Register

Intel HD 630 Low Refresh Rate on 2560x1440

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gents, I got a similar situation. I have a Z270 mobo using onboard display only (DP + HDMI). Currently I have my DP connected to a DP monitor and hardware acceleration works fine. However, I would like to use HDMI as my primary output (connect to another HDMI monitor) so I applied the KextsToPatch patch above but it doesn't work for me. Have I missed anything? Also, is it possible to enable dual display in my case?

debug.zip has been attached.

Thank you.

Attachments

• debug.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 161
Gents, with the HDMI patch applied (0004=>0008), I lost my screen during the Sierra boot process. However, even though I was "headless", I could still shutdown my hackintosh normally by 1/input password to log in 2/pointing my mouse to the very top left hand corner & click once 3/press Up arrow twice (to select "Shutdown") 4/press Enter twice to confirm shutdown

So my gut feeling is that the hardware acceleration still works, but somewhat out of sync with my HDMI monitor. I even tried to fix the resolution to 1920x1080 but no luck. Everything works fine with DP under the same settings (config.plist)

Is there a way to fix the refresh rate or HorizSync/VertRefresh or similar?

Thanks again.

Gents, with the HDMI patch applied (0004=>0008), I lost my screen during the Sierra boot process. However, even though I was "headless", I could still shutdown my hackintosh normally by 1/input password to log in 2/pointing my mouse to the very top left hand corner & click once 3/press Up arrow twice (to select "Shutdown") 4/press Enter twice to confirm shutdown

So my gut feeling is that the hardware acceleration still works, but somewhat out of sync with my HDMI monitor. I even tried to fix the resolution to 1920x1080 but no luck. Everything works fine with DP under the same settings (config.plist)

Is there a way to fix the refresh rate or HorizSync/VertRefresh or similar?

Thanks again.

Make sure your connector-type matches the physical connector in each case.

Make sure your connector-type matches the physical connector in each case.

Per my understanding:
00 04 00 00 => DP
00 08 00 00 => HDMI
I can see AAPL,boot-display has been set to True on AppleIntelFramebuffer@1, where the port-number is 0x5
If I get them correct, the patch you suggested should also be applicable to me, and yes I believe the connector-type (00 08 00 00) matches the physical connector (HDMI port connected to LED display).

Any help/suggestion would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

Per my understanding:
00 04 00 00 => DP
00 08 00 00 => HDMI
I can see AAPL,boot-display has been set to True on AppleIntelFramebuffer@1, where the port-number is 0x5
If I get them correct, the patch you suggested should also be applicable to me, and yes I believe the connector-type (00 08 00 00) matches the physical connector (HDMI port connected to LED display).

Any help/suggestion would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

If you need help... you must provide data...
Use remote desktop to gather the data in the event your screen doesn't work...

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

If you need help... you must provide data...
Use remote desktop to gather the data in the event your screen doesn't work...

Thanks for your advice. Will do it tonight and update.

Thanks for your advice. Will do it tonight and update.

Please find the attached debug.zip

I captured that when HDMI was the only connection. Looks like the acceleration driver was not loaded, and when I opened "System Preferences" => "Displays" only two options are there : "Scaled" => "1280x1024" & "1024x768"

Thanks.

Attachments

• debug.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Please find the attached debug.zip

I captured that when HDMI was the only connection. Looks like the acceleration driver was not loaded, and when I opened "System Preferences" => "Displays" only two options are there : "Scaled" => "1280x1024" & "1024x768"

Thanks.

According to ioreg, no display was detected.
Not sure why you think the "acceleration driver was not loaded" ... there is no indication of that in the ioreg.

According to ioreg, no display was detected.
Not sure why you think the "acceleration driver was not loaded" ... there is no indication of that in the ioreg.

That's weird. I could see the entire boot up process on the HDMI display until it was about the load the desktop. I also tried to connect my LCD TV but got the same result. When I logged in to it via VNC, the graphic response was the same as a fresh install without hardware acceleration.

Is there anything you recommend for further testing or shall I give up?

That's weird. I could see the entire boot up process on the HDMI display until it was about the load the desktop. I also tried to connect my LCD TV but got the same result. When I logged in to it via VNC, the graphic response was the same as a fresh install without hardware acceleration.

Is there anything you recommend for further testing or shall I give up?

You should probably remove the patches you have for the framebuffer and start over with that process...
You should not expect perfect performance from VNC.

You should try other ig-platform-id values, different SMBIOS.
See here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-workaround-using-intel-hd530-with-dual-monitors.214125/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back