Contribute
Register

Intel HD 630 black screen High Sierra 10.13.6 (Lenovo V520s)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Msi h110m pro vd
CPU
I3 6100
Graphics
Rx 570 4gb
Hi guys, I bought a Lenovo v520s today and I cannot get my igpu to work... Its driving me crazy...

Specs
i5 7400
Intel B250 chipset
4gb ram (16gb on the way)
ssd nvme 256gb
intel HD 630

After I update my system to 10.13.6 I aways get black screen (no signal) when I boot.
What is going on ? My smbios is already 18,2 and my gpu platform ID is 0x59120000. I have the latest whathevergreen and lilu.kext too.
I am trying to use HDMI and Display-port (dual monitor)

I need some help. Thank you!

Captura de Tela 2021-02-12 às 20.24.37.png

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.7 KB · Views: 90
Which make of motherboard are you using?

I have assumed it is an MSI board, as that is what is in your system details.

Here is a revised config.plist for you to try. It has been adapted from the config for another Kaby Lake system.

Rename the config, before you use it.

Attachments

• configv1.plist.zip
    3.1 KB · Views: 95
Which make of motherboard are you using?
Hi my friend, thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.

My motherboard is Lenovo IB250MH

With your config I can finally see the login screen and enter in my system, both monitors are on, but only hdmi is actually showing something, the other is grayed.

Graphics acceleration is working too, but with lots of glitches. There's any way to fix this?

IMG_20210213_153309.jpg

1613242447349528489589.jpg

Last edited:
Possibly, but it would depend on what other kexts, setting etc. you have previously installed on your system, while trying to fix this issue.

You would need to post a copy of your whole CLOVER folder and the ACPI tables from your system.

To obtain copy of the ACPI Tables from your system:
  1. The ACPI Tables can be obtained by pressing the F4 key while on the Clover Boot Screen.
  2. The tables are saved in the background, with no evidence that anything is happening.
  3. So just leave the system for a around 30 seconds before doing anything such as booting from the USB installer or selecting your macOS drive.
  4. The ACPI tables will be written to the /CLOVER/ACPI/origin folder on the USB or your macOS drive, whichever you are using to boot the system.
  5. Provide a copy of your /CLOVER/ACPI/origin folder.
Do you have a link to the Lenovo page for your system?

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 114
Do you have any third-party kexts installed to /Library/Extensions (/L/E) or /System/Library/Extensions (/S/L/E) folders?

The reason I ask is that your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder only contains FakeSMC.kext and I am wondering where the rest are, if you have used any others?

By third-party kexts I mean kexts such as these:
  • Lilu.kext
  • AppleALC.kext
  • WhateverGreen.kext
  • FakeSMC.kext
  • USBInjectAll.kext
Or any others such as an Ethernet kext or XHCI USB kext for your system.

I have amended your CLOVER folder to what I think would be the best setup given your issues raised above.

I have made the following changes:
  • Added a number of SSDT's to the /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder:
    • SSDT-EC.aml
    • SSDT-HPET.aml
    • SSDT-IGPU.aml
    • SSDT-PLUG.aml
    • SSDT-PMC.aml
    • SSDT-USBX.aml
    • SSDT-XHC.aml
    • SSDT-XOSI.aml
  • Deleted the /CLOVER/drivers64 folder
  • Edited the contents of the /CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder,
    • Deleted the old drivers and replaced them with these:
      • ApfsDriverLoader.efi
      • DataHubDxe.efi
      • FSInject.efi
      • HFSPlus.efi
      • OsxAptioFixDrv.efi
      • PartitionDxe.efi
      • SMCHelper.efi
  • Edited the contents of the /CLOVER/kexts folder, deleting the old FakeSMC.kext
    • Added the following kexts to your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder:
      • AHCIPortInjector.kext
      • AppleALC.kext
      • FakeSMC.kext
      • Lilu.kext
      • RealtekRTL8111.kext
      • USBInjectAll.kext
      • WhateverGreen.kext
      • XHCI-unsupported.kext
  • Deleted the contents of the /CLOVER/themes folder and replaced them with the following:
    • Catalina theme
    • Embedded theme
    • Random theme
I made a couple of small edits to the config.plist I provided previously, trying a framebuffer that uses a HDMI connector.

Try the WHOLE Clover folder in place of your current one and see hat if any changes this makes

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4 MB · Views: 106
Sorry for the late reply. Yes I have all these kexts in my Library/Extensions, and others too like ethernet just like you said.

With your Clover folder I just get a kernel panic when i try to boot.

Maybe I should try to make another clean install and see what happens, or maybe try OpenCore, I don't know...

That's probably because the kexts in the /L/E folder are part of the Prelinked Kernel/KextCache and the ones in the /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder clash or are different versions.

As long as you have the third-party kexts in the /L/E folder you will run in to similar issues. It would be best if you removed these kexts from the /L/E folder, and used the ones from the /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder. This became best practice some time ago. There is a guide written by Jaymonkey regarding this issue in the Post Installation - General Help Forum - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...an-sierra-high-sierra-mojave-catalina.268964/

I would strongly recommend you have a read and follow the instructions in the guide. You will get no further with the CLOVER folder I provided until you do what is necessary regarding the kexts location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back