Contribute
Register

Intel HD 620 graphics glitch with rehabman config.plist

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, you may try force load the kext, see the second paragraph of my previous reply.

Then, it seems you don't have proper editor for config.plist. if you have another working macOS installation, you can use Xcode or this editor:
https://mackie100projects.altervista.org/download-clover-configurator/
If not, you can use the online version:
http://cloudclovereditor.altervista.org

Both the items are under Kernel And Kext Patches.

Oh okay I found it now, thanks. I’ve been testing different combos, I don’t quite understand how the frame buffer works, I haven’t yet found the right numbers, would it even go above 19? If so is it a different form then 9001? Like do those numbers correspond so does 9002=29? And are cursors normally small? I’m not quite sure which way to take this

Oh okay I found it now, thanks. I’ve been testing different combos, I don’t quite understand how the frame buffer works, I haven’t yet found the right numbers, would it even go above 19? If so is it a different form then 9001? Like do those numbers correspond so does 9002=29? And are cursors normally small? I’m not quite sure which way to take this

The numbers in the framebuffer memory config data are 32-bit integers in Intel byte order.
When you say, 9002, I assume you're referring to a 32-bit item, 00 00 90 02.
So we byte reverse that (because they are in Intel byte order/little endian) wich is 0x02900000.
And 0x02900000 is 41 mb (use calculator, 0x02900000/0x400/0x400=0x29=41).
So... doing same with 00 00 90 01, we have 0x01900000, which is 25mb (0x01900000/0x400/0x400=0x19=25)

The numbers in the framebuffer memory config data are 32-bit integers in Intel byte order.
When you say, 9002, I assume you're referring to a 32-bit item, 00 00 90 02.
So we byte reverse that (because they are in Intel byte order/little endian) wich is 0x02900000.
And 0x02900000 is 41 mb (use calculator, 0x02900000/0x400/0x400=0x29=41).
So... doing same with 00 00 90 01, we have 0x01900000, which is 25mb (0x01900000/0x400/0x400=0x19=25)

Okay so what would be a regular frame buffer for a 4K display? I have tried a few different combos and I have only gotten that same glitch screen although the glitch screen is fully functional like I am able to sign in and such

Okay so what would be a regular frame buffer for a 4K display? I have tried a few different combos and I have only gotten that same glitch screen although the glitch screen is fully functional like I am able to sign in and such

No idea what you mean by "glitch screen".

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

No idea what you mean by "glitch screen".

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

I just mean the screen still looks the same as the first picture that I have posted, I have not changed anything in my clover folder since I last posted my clover folder, see my last post
This is in the dsdt or this is within the config.plist? I was not able to find those numbers you mentioned for the framebuffer or where they are supposed to go. Just in case, I added my updated clover folder from the fixes rehabman originally suggested, but I think you are right about the 4k because with this config, I got the same results.
The only thing I have been trying to change is the frame buffer.

I just mean the screen still looks the same as the first picture that I have posted, I have not changed anything in my clover folder since I last posted my clover folder, see my last post

The only thing I have been trying to change is the frame buffer.

I am just confused as to how to find the right Framebuffer for my 4K display and if you do find it, do you have to change the platform I’d to match it? everything online is regarding an external monitor as im on my laptop screen, so it didn’t help, I have tried the core display patch but no luck. Any pointers are helpful!

This is in the dsdt or this is within the config.plist? I was not able to find those numbers you mentioned for the framebuffer or where they are supposed to go. Just in case, I added my updated clover folder from the fixes rehabman originally suggested, but I think you are right about the 4k because with this config, I got the same results.

These files prove you didn't act on the advice given in post #3.

These files prove you didn't act on the advice given in post #3.

I'm sorry, here is the created folder from the suggested tool.

Attachments

• debug_4061.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 63
I'm sorry, here is the created folder from the suggested tool.

Still you have not implemented some of the items mentioned previously.

Still you have not implemented some of the items mentioned previously.

What else am I misszing? I thought the gen_debug.sh took lol provided everything you need?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back