CPU
i7-6820HK
Graphics
HD 530
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have had no luck getting the Intel HD 530 IGPU to work with Catalina 10.15.4 on MSI laptop. It boots to Catalina with no issues, but Graphics shows "Display 8 MB" and I have tried several solutions so far to get the IGPU to work but no luck. I also don't even seen an option in the BIOS to enable/disable IGPU. The BIOS settings on this laptop are very limited.

Will the Hackintool fix this issue? With your guys expertise, what are the steps I should take when I only see "Display 8 MB?" I see others who say they see "Intel HD 530 7 MB" but I cannot even get any functionality out of the IGPU. Aside from getting the graphics and HDMI stuff to work, I also still need to figure out how to activate the sound on this laptop. Everything else is working though.

Also, I noticed that MultiBeast v8.2 for El Capitan has "Intel HD 530" as an option but that tool does not see my M.2 Samsung NVMe drive (which is what MacOS Catalina is installed to). Should I try installing El Capitan on this laptop just to see if the MultiBeast checkbox works or is the Hackintool my only hope?

Ideally, I would like to get either Mojave or Catalina to work for the sole purpose of using the dark mode when organizing my iTunes library. It's easier on my eyes and it's pretty much my only intended use for getting Hackintosh to work on my system.

Laptop Specs:

System: MSI GT73VR Titan
Skylake Processor: Intel Core i7 6820HK (HD 530)
Graphics (other): NVIDIA GTX 1080

I have had no luck getting the Intel HD 530 IGPU to work with Catalina 10.15.4 on MSI laptop. It boots to Catalina with no issues, but Graphics shows "Display 8 MB" and I have tried several solutions so far to get the IGPU to work but no luck. I also don't even seen an option in the BIOS to enable/disable IGPU. The BIOS settings on this laptop are very limited.

Will the Hackintool fix this issue? With your guys expertise, what are the steps I should take when I only see "Display 8 MB?" I see others who say they see "Intel HD 530 7 MB" but I cannot even get any functionality out of the IGPU. Aside from getting the graphics and HDMI stuff to work, I also still need to figure out how to activate the sound on this laptop. Everything else is working though.

Also, I noticed that MultiBeast v8.2 for El Capitan has "Intel HD 530" as an option but that tool does not see my M.2 Samsung NVMe drive (which is what MacOS Catalina is installed to). Should I try installing El Capitan on this laptop just to see if the MultiBeast checkbox works or is the Hackintool my only hope?

Ideally, I would like to get either Mojave or Catalina to work for the sole purpose of using the dark mode when organizing my iTunes library. It's easier on my eyes and it's pretty much my only intended use for getting Hackintosh to work on my system.

Laptop Specs:

Skylake Processor: Intel Core i7 6820HK (HD 530)
Graphics (other): NVIDIA GTX 1080
multibeast is for desktops

Oh. Didn’t even know that! Anyways, thanks for your response. I’m playing with this again. Any additional tips would be greatly appreciated! :)

Sierra is different. You must boot the installer from the HDD in the second stage. You will see it in the Clover boot selection list.
RehabMan, I hear you are an expert with getting the Intel HD 530 mobile IGPU to work on laptop? I am using latest Catalina 10.15.4 but have had no luck. Via Hakintool, I see two frame buffer patches for mobile HD 530 but have had no luck. System still shows “Display 8 MB” every time.

I still cannot get IGPU to work on this laptop. It either says "Display 8 MB" when I set "UEFI" in BIOS or "Display 7 MB" when I set "UEFI CSM" in BIOS. All patches I have tried do not work. Is the crappy consumer BIOS limiting me from getting this to work. It has no options to disable dGPU or enable iGPU.

Skylake Processor: Intel Core i7 6820HK (Mobile Intel HD 530)
Graphics (other): NVIDIA GTX 1080 (Mobile)

I still cannot get IGPU to work on this laptop. It either says "Display 8 MB" when I set "UEFI" in BIOS or "Display 7 MB" when I set "UEFI CSM" in BIOS. All patches I have tried do not work. Is the crappy consumer BIOS limiting me from getting this to work. It has no options to disable dGPU or enable iGPU. I sent a request to MSI Technical support asking for debug (non-consumer) BIOS for this laptop so I can hopefully see those options, but they will likely laugh at it and ignore it.

I also copied the latest Whatevergreen.kext + Lilo.kext to Clover/kexts/other folder but it made no difference. Still shows Display 8 MB. I wouldn't mind so much if HDMI worked along with it but it doesn't and likely will stay that way until I can figure out how to get the IGPU activated and working.

I still cannot get IGPU to work on this laptop. It either says "Display 8 MB" when I set "UEFI" in BIOS or "Display 7 MB" when I set "UEFI CSM" in BIOS. All patches I have tried do not work. Is the crappy consumer BIOS limiting me from getting this to work. It has no options to disable dGPU or enable iGPU. I sent a request to MSI Technical support asking for debug (non-consumer) BIOS for this laptop so I can hopefully see those options, but they will likely laugh at it and ignore it.

I also copied the latest Whatevergreen.kext + Lilo.kext to Clover/kexts/other folder but it made no difference. Still shows Display 8 MB. I wouldn't mind so much if HDMI worked along with it but it doesn't and likely will stay that way until I can figure out how to get the IGPU activated and working.

i have moved your posts back here

zip and upload your clover folder

i have moved your posts back here

zip and upload your clover folder

This is default (no framebuffer patches) with latest 'WhateverGreen-1.3.8-DEBUG' and 'Lilu-1.4.3-DEBUG' kexts copied. I figured the debug versions might give you more info and therefore help you troubleshoot.

Thanks!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 60
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

use a config.plist from the laptop guide:

As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

use a config.plist from the laptop guide:

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 65
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back