Contribute
Register

Intel HD 530 flickering screen on Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right, I was using it for a bit and it can get a bit distracting and annoying.
If I go back to el capitan, will I be able to easily update back to sierra once this is solved?

It should be doable.

You're right, I was using it for a bit and it can get a bit distracting and annoying.
If I go back to el capitan, will I be able to easily update back to sierra once this is solved?

Turn your title bar to dark mode and it won't be so distracting.

I have exactly the same issue and all settings are correct.

Hint with dark menu bar helped :)

Waiting for solution.

The new MacBook HD 530 drivers from this post removes the flickering, but animations seems slower
Edit: Removes flickering on top left, but flickers everywhere else for me, the old one seems better.

Last edited:
after trying EVERYTHING during multiple HUGE searches (russian pages, I'm also looking at you) to make the HD530 work through DP1.2 in 4k@60hz to stop flickering I found the solution.

Beside using the suggested ig-platform-id and inject Intel to true use nv_disable=1 boot flag and bam, flickering gone.

And think about that I bought a second compatible GTX (100$) to have acceleration and no flickering because in my main PCIE slot there's a GTX 1080.
The 530 flickering was given by the GTX 1080.
I could have saved the purchase of the second GTX by attempting the flag earlier.
Damn.

after trying EVERYTHING during multiple HUGE searches (russian pages, I'm also looking at you) to make the HD530 work through DP1.2 in 4k@60hz to stop flickering I found the solution.

Beside using the suggested ig-platform-id and inject Intel to true use nv_disable=1 boot flag and bam, flickering gone.

And think about that I bought a second compatible GTX (100$) to have acceleration and no flickering because in my main PCIE slot there's a GTX 1080.
The 530 flickering was given by the GTX 1080.
I could have saved the purchase of the second GTX by attempting the flag earlier.
Damn.

How did you inject Intel to true? What did you use to do that?

Masterkain could you be more specific?, I am just starting with hackintosh and I have no idea how to do that...I guess is with clover ...thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back