Contribute
Register

Intel HD 530 flickering screen on Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those graphic remnants in the upper left corner are unacceptable to me so I reverted back to El Capitan until the issue is resolved.

Those graphic remnants in the upper left corner are unacceptable to me so I reverted back to El Capitan until the issue is resolved.
Yeah, I have Sierra on a separate SSD for testing until it's running perfect.

Go to your BIOS setting when you first turn your computer on by hitting the delete key while its preparing to boot. Look in System Agent in your settings for Video settings where you set it to IGPU and there should be a setting for Video Memory. That is where you can change it and if it's like my Asus BIOS it defaults to 32. Most people say to increase to at least 64 but I find that 128 works best for me.
Also, and I am far from an expert but you should mount your EFI partition when running Multibeast so it's actually changing the settings for the 530. You should use EFI Mounter v3 which is located in downloads and diskutil list command in terminal to make sure you have the correct partition mounted if you have more than 1.

Tried that, set it to 512MB (max value possible). But macOS still detects only 18MB, same as on the first image. Any idea of what else might I be missing?

Tried that, set it to 512MB (max value possible). But macOS still detects only 18MB, same as on the first image. Any idea of what else might I be missing?
I had that problem with El Capitan once and did a clean install to fix it. I would suggest to wait until Multibeast 9 which should be out anytime and try to fix it then. From what I hear there is a problem with Clover and they are waiting for a fix.

I had that problem with El Capitan once and did a clean install to fix it. I would suggest to wait until Multibeast 9 which should be out anytime and try to fix it then. From what I hear there is a problem with Clover and they are waiting for a fix.

I've used newest Multibeast 9 which was just released and tried to set it up again, but the flickering issue still persists. If you have any idea of what else to try, please let me know.

Screen Shot 2016-09-29 at 9.58.05 AM.png

That's a tough one, my gpu is not yet supported by web drivers. I guess I'll try to live with the flickering for the time being.

It works fine under El Capitan, can't you just install it instead?

Can I just downgrade? Because I had just setup all of the environment and that's something I don't like to do. And also, most of the time I'm using this computer over teamviewer and it's not an issue there.

You'd have to start from scratch again by erasing the drive etc... and it sure sounds like you'd rather not. Personally, that flickering would drive me nuts. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back