CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
MSI GTX 1070
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have installed macOS Sierra, my first hackintosh install. I initially wanted to use my GTX 1070 as gpu, but it's not supported yet, so I've set the iGPU as default. The display I'm using is LG 34UC98 at resolution 3440x1440, connected via DP.
When doing anything, especially something involving animations, there is a lot of flickering white lines. Here is a gif which shows what I'm trying to describe: http://imgur.com/Ov2tpbV

This is "About This Mac" screen. I'm not sure if the 18MB next to graphics is ok or how to fix that.
NB9BZgU.png

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Did You install 530 graphics in Multibeast? Check your BIOS and make sure that you have at least IGPU
Video Memory is set to at least 64. I have mine bumped up to 128 and it works well.

I think this is a problem with your graphic driver. Install NVIDIA web driver version 367.05.10.05b07 because latest ( 367.15.10.05f01 ) NVIDIA web driver still no support. After enable NVIDIA web driver with new method.

That HD 530 problem in Sierra is a known issue and we're awaiting a fix.

Did You install 530 graphics in Multibeast? Check your BIOS and make sure that you have at least IGPU
Video Memory is set to at least 64. I have mine bumped up to 128 and it works well.

I did select the intel gpu option in multibeast. In bios, I've selected the igpu to be the default display driver. In the system report, I see Intel HD Graphics 530 and shows the same 18MB total vram, without any dynamic. How do I bump it higher?

I think this is a problem with your graphic driver. Install NVIDIA web driver version 367.05.10.05b07 because latest ( 367.15.10.05f01 ) NVIDIA web driver still no support. After enable NVIDIA web driver with new method.

What? I'm not even using the nvidia gpu, I've disabled it in clover.

Screen Shot 2016-09-27 at 11.57.00 AM.jpg Did you bump up video memory in BIOS settings. That is all I did. I have my video memory at 128 and ran Multibeast with 530. Mine is showing 1536MB. I did just notice that my Ram is showing the wrong speed...it should be 3200 so I don't know whats going on with that. Everything else except 2 front USB3 ports on the case works.

Last edited:
View attachment 212566 Did you bump up video memory in BIOS settings. That is all I did. I have my video memory at 128 and ran Multibeast with 530. Mine is showing 1536MB. I did just notice that my Ram is showing the wrong speed...it should be 3200 so I don't know whats going on with that. Everything else except 2 front USB3 ports on the case works.

Iwagsz, so you are saying that after you upped the the BIOS video memory to 128Mb you're not seeing any upper left tearing or flickering of your display in Sierra with the 530?

Iwagsz, so you are saying that after you upped the the BIOS video memory to 128Mb you're not seeing any upper left tearing or flickering of your display in Sierra with the 530?

Very slight amount. Seems to only happen when Crome is open.
I'm using DP to DVI for my connection to monitor.

Last edited:
View attachment 212566 Did you bump up video memory in BIOS settings. That is all I did. I have my video memory at 128 and ran Multibeast with 530. Mine is showing 1536MB. I did just notice that my Ram is showing the wrong speed...it should be 3200 so I don't know whats going on with that. Everything else except 2 front USB3 ports on the case works.

I'm a complete beginner in hackintosh area and I can't find any resources about how to do that. Do you have a link you could share or maybe describe how to do it?

Go to your BIOS setting when you first turn your computer on by hitting the delete key while its preparing to boot. Look in System Agent in your settings for Video settings where you set it to IGPU and there should be a setting for Video Memory. That is where you can change it and if it's like my Asus BIOS it defaults to 32. Most people say to increase to at least 64 but I find that 128 works best for me.
Also, and I am far from an expert but you should mount your EFI partition when running Multibeast so it's actually changing the settings for the 530. You should use EFI Mounter v3 which is located in downloads and diskutil list command in terminal to make sure you have the correct partition mounted if you have more than 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back