Contribute
Register

Intel HD 530 does yours have the Skull Crabs? (SKL CRB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigamaxx

Motherboard
GIGABYTE X470 Arous Gaming 7 WiFi
CPU
Ryzen R9 3900X
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
  1. iMac
Ive noticed my integrated graphics change status in Sierra and the best support is attained when i get the SKL CRB system definition. When you have the Intel HD 530 definition, it usually reads as 7mb. But look at the SKL CRB and see 1.5gb and the only problem is that nagging upper left corner remnant but performance is 4K compatible using only the intel graphics.
Bios settings 64k to 256k, and max allowable setting with Gigabyte bios settings.
Clover settings use fake id #1912 try injecting intel, and load vbios and then not using those in clover to find the after boot definition of SKL CRB. It works in integrated graphics as well, I noticed it during AMD RX 4XX card testing, and when that is attained the vcard runs with better acceleration.

A lot of unhappy people with the Intel 530 graphics in Sierra can find it is usable and will pass a uningine benchmark with a few bios and clover settings.

Skull Crabs.png

Notice the 8gb of system memory, its really 16 but a portion is being shared with the integrated SKL CRB graphics.

What is Skull Crabs? My HD 530 doesn't work. When I inject 1912 I get a black screen.

My About this Mac says:
Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB
and i have acceleration but with glitches and nagging upper left corner remnant when on El Capitan 10.11.6 was perfect image :(

What is Skull Crabs? My HD 530 doesn't work. When I inject 1912 I get a black screen.

Out of the vCard?

It is the CPU i7 6700k integrated graphics chip. You should be getting video output through your board graphics with 1912, set your bios to IGFX not pcie for primary display and try it. This is mainly for people without graphics cards.

I see you have a 1070, lets hope new drivers come out soon for that puppy.

My About this Mac says:
Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB
and i have acceleration but with glitches and nagging upper left corner remnant when on El Capitan 10.11.6 was perfect image :(

Try playing with the clover settings if you can, try not injecting Intel and loading the 1912 bios. SKL CRB seems to have less if any remnants, only the upper left corner, for me anyways.

Try playing with the clover settings if you can, try not injecting Intel and loading the 1912 bios. SKL CRB seems to have less if any remnants, only the upper left corner, for me anyways.

I disabled the Intel Inject and patch framebuffer and now show me:
Intel HD Graphics SKL CRB 1536 MB
The same things, I got acceleration, all fine, except the glitches on the corner are still. I'm thinking in back to the El Capitan :think:.
Sierra works fine, it's only that estetic detail :crazy:

PD: In UEFI graphic video work on 64MB and 128MB (all the others show me a kernel panic).

the only problem is that nagging upper left corner remnant but performance is 4K compatible using only the intel graphics
My monitor is 2K but the mac only display in 2048x1152, and it's so annoying. I tried to use Clover Config but it doesnt work. What should I do now?

My monitor is 2K but the mac only display in 2048x1152, and it's so annoying. I tried to use Clover Config but it doesnt work. What should I do now?

If you've the same issue, like I had, your Mac thinks, the monitor is a tv. You can check this if you open the monitor-menue in the top right mac menue.
The Patch, which helped me is "Mac-pixel-clock-patch" in Version 2.
After this Patch my mac recognizes my 2*** x 1440 Monitor as Monitor instead of TV with 1080p

(Sierra 10.12.1)

https://github.com/Floris497/mac-pixel-clock-patch-V2

Sierra 10.12 works with Version 1 (and maybe 2)
Sierra 10.12.1 works only with Version 2

If you've the same issue, like I had, your Mac thinks, the monitor is a tv. You can check this if you open the monitor-menue in the top right mac menue.
The Patch, which helped me is "Mac-pixel-clock-patch" in Version 2.
After this Patch my mac recognizes my 2*** x 1440 Monitor as Monitor instead of TV with 1080p

(Sierra 10.12.1)

https://github.com/Floris497/mac-pixel-clock-patch-V2

Sierra 10.12 works with Version 1 (and maybe 2)
Sierra 10.12.1 works only with Version 2
I'm following the intrucsions, and some other methods, but still get this error:
Code:
Nguyens-iMac:~ hiepnhma$ chmod +x ~/Downloads/CoreDisplay-patcher.command
Nguyens-iMac:~ hiepnhma$ ~/Downloads/CoreDisplay-patcher.command
/Users/hiepnhma/Downloads/CoreDisplay-patcher.command: line 5: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
/Users/hiepnhma/Downloads/CoreDisplay-patcher.command: line 5: `<!DOCTYPE html>'
What wrong with me??? SIP is disable.

Last edited:
I'm following the intrucsions, and some other methods, but still get this error:
Code:
Nguyens-iMac:~ hiepnhma$ chmod +x ~/Downloads/CoreDisplay-patcher.command
Nguyens-iMac:~ hiepnhma$ ~/Downloads/CoreDisplay-patcher.command
/Users/hiepnhma/Downloads/CoreDisplay-patcher.command: line 5: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
/Users/hiepnhma/Downloads/CoreDisplay-patcher.command: line 5: `<!DOCTYPE html>'
What wrong with me??? SIP is disable.
You downloaded the HTML page instead of the file. Use the RAW button on the file's page to get just the code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back