Contribute
Register

Intel HD 520 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds to me like you don't have DVMT-prealloc set correctly and you're using the minStolenSize patch on 10.11.

weird because I removed the minStolenSize patch from my config.plist and El Capitan still boots ok. Checking the efi variable from the efi shell shows that it's set to 96 MB. Is there a way I can check DVMT pre-alloc from Windows, El Capitan or Linux?

weird because I removed the minStolenSize patch from my config.plist and El Capitan still boots ok. Checking the efi variable from the efi shell shows that it's set to 96 MB. Is there a way I can check DVMT pre-alloc from Windows, El Capitan or Linux?
Try this guide to check under Windows: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/305710-guide-intel-hd-graphics-5500-on-os-x-yosemite-10103/

Code:
If Dedicated Video Memory = 0MB, then DVMT pre-allocated memory in BIOS settings is 32MB.
If Dedicated Video Memory = 32MB, then DVMT pre-allocated memory in BIOS settings is 64MB.
If Dedicated Video Memory = 64MB, then DVMT pre-allocated memory in BIOS settings is 96MB.
If Dedicated Video Memory = 128MB, then DVMT pre-allocated memory in BIOS settings is 128MB.

I have met a different issue with HD520. My laptop's BIOS has 128MB DVMT pre-allocated memory. The graphics driver is successfully loaded in 10.12 with injected ig-platform-id 0x19160000. But the left top corner (upon the apple logo of menubar) of the desktop constantly blinks. I tried to set the color profile to sRGB but the issue still exists.

This issue only occurs in macOS 10.12. The same configuration works perfectly in OS X 10.11.6. Is there anyone also having this similar issue?

Try this guide to check under Windows: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/305710-guide-intel-hd-graphics-5500-on-os-x-yosemite-10103/

Code:
If Dedicated Video Memory = 0MB, then DVMT pre-allocated memory in BIOS settings is 32MB.
If Dedicated Video Memory = 32MB, then DVMT pre-allocated memory in BIOS settings is 64MB.
If Dedicated Video Memory = 64MB, then DVMT pre-allocated memory in BIOS settings is 96MB.
If Dedicated Video Memory = 128MB, then DVMT pre-allocated memory in BIOS settings is 128MB.
There is no correlation with dvmt-preallocation shown in windows and what it actually is.
Read the FAQ, it is mentioned there.

It is different. I haven't updated my repo yet. You can likely find it with google.
So I found this patch which supposedly works.
Screen Shot 2016-09-21 at 13.23.54.png

Now this problem I've had forever is that framebuffer patches just don't seem to work for me from clover.
They only do if I hard edit the binary with a hex editor. The patch seems to have been added correctly.

Any idea what might be causing this?

PS: I do boot without caches.

Code:

The advice is not correct.

IMPORTANT!: Contrary to many of the guides you will read, Windows is NOT a valid way to determine what DVMT-prealloc is set to. There is no correlation, especially with Windows 10.

So I found this patch which supposedly works.
View attachment 211143
Now this problem I've had forever is that framebuffer patches just don't seem to work for me from clover.
They only do if I hard edit the binary with a hex editor. The patch seems to have been added correctly.

Any idea what might be causing this?

PS: I do boot without caches.

Are you booting the installer... or something else?

Are you booting the installer... or something else?
Was booting the installer yes. Installed without injecting intel now, and faced the same problem with the installed OS as well. Wifi worked in the installer but not after install. So I had to patch both of those binaries manually after booting without my dsdt.
Btw, Intel Graphics have been injected in my dsdt itself, could that be the cause?

Was booting the installer yes. Installed without injecting intel now, and faced the same problem with the installed OS as well. Wifi worked in the installer but not after install. So I had to patch both of those binaries manually after booting without my dsdt.
Btw, Intel Graphics have been injected in my dsdt itself, could that be the cause?

WiFi is covered in the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

And it is not necessary to use DSDT to inject graphics... All can be done in config.plist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back