Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z97-A USB 3.1
CPU
i7 4790K
Graphics
RX 580
Hi. I've been trying to use the built in hdmi port and each time I plug either end in my system restarts. My dvi to hdmi cable works and the hdmi port works in windows. I have a z97-A, i7 with all the clover edits and El Capitan. Dvi display works fine. Just when I connect hdmi cable the system restarts.

I was able to get to a snowy freezed up hdmi display.

HD 4600 is showing as GFX not IGPU. You need to rename GFX -> IGPU. There are a few things that is not working. CPU Powermanagement, IGPU Powermanagement, AppleLPC isn't loaded which isn't good at all. Also you're using the wrong system definition.

Last edited:
I changed my bios video boot priority from first to auto and it appears that ioreg reads correctly. I've attached a new ioreg. I'll change the definition to 14,2. But how do you suggest I enable the above? I was unaware that they aren't loaded.

Attachments

• ioreg_2.ioreg
    3.5 MB · Views: 87
I changed my bios video boot priority from first to auto and it appears that ioreg reads correctly. I've attached a new ioreg. I'll change the definition to 14,2. But how do you suggest I enable the above? I was unaware that they aren't loaded.

GFX is GT 740 and IGPU is being shows as IGPU now which is good. To fix LPC look at the guide in my Signatures. once you've done you're work attach ioreg. To generate a SSDT follow https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/quick-guide-to-generate-a-ssdt-for-cpu-power-management.177456/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back