Contribute
Register

Intel HD 4600 + Mavericks = Weired graphic prob !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GigaByte z97x ud7-th
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hi !

I'm a new HackBuilder, I build a Mavericks Hack whit Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7-TH, Core i7-4790K and Intel Hd 4600 Build-in graphics.

Every thing is ok, but i can't read movies .Avi or .mkv (i just tried this two formats), the Youtube HD video is sluggish, and i can't see my Waves plugins, i just got an empty window :beachball:!

20141224_183045[1].jpg20141224_183026[1].jpg
I have Dvix codec and VLC

Can some one help me please ?
Thanks.

Hi !

I'm a new HackBuilder, I build a Mavericks Hack whit Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7-TH, Core i7-4790K and Intel Hd 4600 Build-in graphics.

Every thing is ok, but i can't read movies .Avi or .mkv (i just tried this two formats), the Youtube HD video is sluggish, and i can't see my Waves plugins, i just got an empty window :beachball:!

View attachment 119092View attachment 119093
I have Dvix codec and VLC

Can some one help me please ?
Thanks.

I'm sure there is a way to fix this, but why not just purchase a low end silent card which is supported natively? Gygabyte GT610, 620, 640 are all relatively low priced and work great. Just a thought :)

Thank, you right. But i want to fix this for the challenge and i don't want to pay more on principle.

This isn't going to be much help, but I had this very same problem in mavericks with a similar setup. GA-z97m-d3h with a i7-4990k running intel 4600 graphics, with the problem being some video formats would only play the sound and have a blacked out screen.

Now the unhelpful part...I did fix the issue, but I can't remember how I did it :banghead: .

Why not install Yosemite instead of Mavericks? What I can tell you is I had absolutely no issues with videos under Yosemite after a clean install.

Hi, thank you all !

Of course, it will be helpful if you remember how did you fixed it :banghead: :lol:

I'm using Pro tools 10, and it absolutely need Mavericks ! it doesn't work whit yosemit.

an other information; In the system repport-> graphic card: No kext loaded ! the resolution is 1920*1080. Is that normal ? is that the highest resolution that the HD4600 can do ? :O

No solution to this problem ? :oops:

It sounds as if QE/CI is not working properly. I assume that when using MultiBeast you selected Drivers > Graphics > Intel 9 Series HD 4600 Graphics fix?

You might try repairing permissions using Disk Utility and rebooting. What monitor are you using if you require a higher resolution than 1920x1080P.

Which system definition are you using on your build?

Hi Adrian B, thanks for replay.

You'r right, i selected Drivers > Graphics > Intel 9 Series HD 4600 Graphics fix. :thumbup:

I don't require a higher resolution than 1920x1080P. I mention that to give all informations i can about my build.

I tried to repair permissions using Disk Utility and rebooting, it still not working... i can't read movies .Avi or .mkv, the Youtube HD video still sluggish, and i can't see my Waves plugins.

In the system repport-> graphic card: No kext loaded ! Is this normal ?

How can i solve this problem ?
Thanks

Yes ! the graphic was reported in the system report.

I'll have a look, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back