Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z97M-PLUS
CPU
I7 CPU 3.2 MHz
Graphics
Intel HD 4600
Intel HD 4600 6MB is what my Catalina Hackintosh's About My Mac shows, took me a couple of days to notice. I am looking into ways to fix that. My Asus Z97M-PLUS motherboard graphics has up to 512MB of shared RAM for graphics. I am hoping that someone has found a simple fix for this problem, this problem has shown up in the forums over the years. I have tried everything I could find in Multibeast. Maybe I should think about Clover?

Something else to consider: I used to run Mac OS 10.10 on my Hacintosh on a 3.5 inch hard drive. Now I installed Catalina on a 512GB SSD. Everything works fine except for the video being only 6MB.

I am hoping there will be some simple setting that won't brink my Hackintosh. Or maybe I could consider a cheap graphics card if I can't find a simple fix. Anyhow, if anyone has suggestions, I'd like to know. Thanks.

And now I have Intel HD 4600 1536 MB. The black tab problem in the Finder has vanished and graphics run smooth. I booted from the USB drive, installed and ran Clover, mounted the EFI for the SSD, and changed settings for graphics. The setting that seems to have worked was setting the ig=platform-id to Haswell (0x0d220003 from the list). I had also checked Load VBios and Inject Intel. Setting VRAM to 512 (the specs for the motherboard) did not seem to make a difference. I used the directions in this video. (He is guilty of TL;DR, going into showing how some games were running, but his Clover directions worked.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back