Contribute
Register

Intel HD 4400 Desktop Graphics Fix - Full Support for Alternate CPUs in OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

As documented in this thread (http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-support/156916-cant-get-installer-all-msi-h97.html) I'm trying to install Yosemite on a MSI H97/i3-4150 build. I saw that Tony had some success with an i3-4150 so I decided to try this. I am sad to report that it did not help me with my problem at all (or even change the problem... so frustrating) and I am still not able to get past the loading kexts stage.

My 1 question would be, since the instructions are a little unclear, are you supposed to put in all the kexts in the release folder for FakePCIID, or just the ones that apply to you? I put just the three (main, 4400/4660 and HDMI) I thought applied to my build.

Just the ones that apply to you. You also need to inject the 0412 for device-id. And, of course, you need to inject the correct ig-platform-id. You should probably leave HDMI-audio out of the picture until later.

You should boot verbose to troubleshoot.

So I was able to get the graphics working on an i3 4160 and it is amazing!! My only question is, is it possible to get hdmi audio working with with this installed? and if so how?

So I was able to get the graphics working on an i3 4160 and it is amazing!! My only question is, is it possible to get hdmi audio working with with this installed? and if so how?

There is an entire forum dedicated to HDMI-audio.

Desktop HD4600 graphics are supported natively.

no i'm sure that they doesnt support it anymore
in mavericks it worked perfect, 2 days ago i tried to boot an old backup from this machine - there it loads the kext for the hd4600

here on mavericks it doesnt, dont know why

i have big troubles with my 0D220003

no i'm sure that they doesnt support it anymore
in mavericks it worked perfect, 2 days ago i tried to boot an old backup from this machine - there it loads the kext for the hd4600

here on mavericks it doesnt, dont know why

i have big troubles with my 0D220003

Could be a framebuffer issue, but yes... it is supported.

maybe i should inject an other ID, which one is compatible?

i also see a different between the boot loader in Uunibeast and the chimera 4.0.1 from the latest multicast

when i use the BL from the USB (unibeast) i have less problems to boot

i really not understand why i have troubles with the 4600.
please help :)

thx

Attachments

• fullyose.ioreg
    3.9 MB · Views: 152
i really not understand why i have troubles with the 4600.
please help :)

thx

You're using Chameleon, but not using the necessary configuration to inject an ig-platform-id (eg. GraphicsEnabler=Yes and appropriate IntelAzulFB value).

Thx

What flags should i use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back