Contribute
Register

Intel HD 4400 Desktop Graphics Fix - Full Support for Alternate CPUs in OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears that this ioreg was not collected after booting with FakeID=0x04128086 as is in the config.plist. As if you changed it within the Clover GUI or something...
That's correct, I removed this to get acces to the system...otherwise the system stops on the loading bar progress. After a successful login I added this with clover...do you want to send the zip file again?
This forum account is also mine (RoyaleSine) sorry for that.

Last edited:
RehabMan, I just plugged in the HDMI cable now its working great! somewhere I read about this... before I was using a normal VGA cable, btw, is it possible to get full support with the VGA cable?

That's correct, I removed this to get acces to the system...otherwise the system stops on the loading bar progress. After a successful login I added this with clover...do you want to send the zip file again?
This forum account is also mine (RoyaleSine) sorry for that.

No expectation of working graphics without the FakeID inject. If you can't boot with it, you have some other problem...

check...
- IGPU memory set to 64mb
- digital connection to the monitor (VGA not supported)
- IGPU set as primary
- VT-d disabled

It is probably an EDID issue.
Hello RehabMan .
I send the clover if you could review it and find out why I can not do work the screen with graphics acceleration folder.
I'd appreciate if you could verify it and bearings that could be improved configuration.
A greeting.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3 MB · Views: 99
So after a long frustrating weekend trying to get my i3-4170 machine running with integrated graphics I thought I'd seek some feedback and guidance. I've described below the process that I've gone through:
  1. Created USB boot drive using UniBeast. Successfully installed OS X to my hard drive.
  2. Used MultiBeast to configure audio, networking and USB. Incidentally the first time that I installed / configured OS X I omitted to configure the USB drivers which caused me major, major headaches with an unresponsive mouse.
  3. Installed the FakePCIID and HD_Intel_Graphics kexts using KextBeast. Confirmed that these kexts then exist in the /S/L/E folder
  4. Mounted the EFI partition on the El Capitan drive using EFIMounter
  5. Used Clover Configurator to modify the config.plist file in the /EFI/Clover folder to have FakeID IntelGFX=0x04128086 and /Graphics/Inject/Intel=true. I exported the config.plist file and have attached it to this post
  6. Clover failed to see the EFI partition on the hard drive that OS X was installed to. Consequently I followed the following guide in order to make the partition visible (post #4):
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/anyone-with-asrock-z77-pro3-motherboard.176172/#post1130914

Thinking that I had done all that was necessary I rebooted the machine however the boot process only completes about 50% before it crashes. I'd really appreciate if someone could provide feedback regarding where I have gone wrong with the install process. As far as I can tell I've followed the various guides that are out there however clearly I've missed a step or done something wrong.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.1 KB · Views: 154
So after a long frustrating weekend trying to get my i3-4170 machine running with integrated graphics I thought I'd seek some feedback and guidance. I've described below the process that I've gone through:
  1. Created USB boot drive using UniBeast. Successfully installed OS X to my hard drive.
  2. Used MultiBeast to configure audio, networking and USB. Incidentally the first time that I installed / configured OS X I omitted to configure the USB drivers which caused me major, major headaches with an unresponsive mouse.
  3. Installed the FakePCIID and HD_Intel_Graphics kexts using KextBeast. Confirmed that these kexts then exist in the /S/L/E folder
  4. Mounted the EFI partition on the El Capitan drive using EFIMounter
  5. Used Clover Configurator to modify the config.plist file in the /EFI/Clover folder to have FakeID IntelGFX=0x04128086 and /Graphics/Inject/Intel=true. I exported the config.plist file and have attached it to this post
  6. Clover failed to see the EFI partition on the hard drive that OS X was installed to. Consequently I followed the following guide in order to make the partition visible (post #4):
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/anyone-with-asrock-z77-pro3-motherboard.176172/#post1130914

Thinking that I had done all that was necessary I rebooted the machine however the boot process only completes about 50% before it crashes. I'd really appreciate if someone could provide feedback regarding where I have gone wrong with the install process. As far as I can tell I've followed the various guides that are out there however clearly I've missed a step or done something wrong.
Hello.
Try this modified config.

Attachments

• config.plist
    3.8 KB · Views: 278
Hello RehabMan .
I send the clover if you could review it and find out why I can not do work the screen with graphics acceleration folder.
I'd appreciate if you could verify it and bearings that could be improved configuration.
A greeting.

What do yo mean by "can not do work the screen with graphics acceleration folder"?

What do yo mean by "can not do work the screen with graphics acceleration folder"?
With graphics acceleration ( 1536MB ) LVDS screen goes black .
Without graphics acceleration ( 7mb ) LVDS screen looks good.

With graphics acceleration ( 1536MB ) LVDS screen goes black .
Without graphics acceleration ( 7mb ) LVDS screen looks good.

I assume you do not mean "without acceleration" (which is without QE) but rather "without CI/QE"... (eg. not injecting ig-platform-id).

It is probably an EDID issue. Or a port mapping issue (eg. LVDS is on a different port...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back