i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Everyone,

After my first build, I got Intel HD 4000 on-board graphics to work by injecting a string into my org.chameleon.boot.plst file, and also changing that file to say "GraphicsEnabler=No." It worked using an HDMI > HDMI cable from my Gigabyte Z77X mobo to my Samsung P2770FH monitor, and also added the 1920X1080 resolution setting. My PS3 had broken, so I was using that HDMI cable, but I got it back, so now I only have a Displayport > HDMI cable that I got to hook up my work laptop to the monitor. It works fine when I do so.

However, trying to use that Displayport > HDMI cable now doesn't get recognized by my monitor. I had some issues getting it to connect HDMI>HDMI, but after plugging and unplugging, changing the input / clicking the auto button my monitor for about 10 minutes, I finally got it to work and since then it hasn't had an issue connecting. However, I tried the same thing many times with this Displayport>HDMI with no success. Do I possibly have to change a setting to get this working? I've seen other posts where people connected their monitors using Displayport>HDMI (I believe), so I'm confused why it's not working. My details:

Mountain Lion 10.8
GraphicsEnabler=No
Intel HD4000, 32MB set on BIOS and in my org.chameleon.boot.plst file, plus injection suggested by user "dta" in this thread:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/61216-10-8-how-enable-hd4000.html

(the string used is for "ig-platform-id: 01620005, Stolen RAM for FB: 32MB, Pipes: 2, Ports: 3, FBMem: 2")

I know his thread says DVI works best, and some had issues with HDMI or other connections, but it was working when HDMI>HDMI, so I was confused why DP>HDMI wouldn't work. Any help is appreciated!

(Side note/question - I wasn't planning on getting a graphics card because I don't game on my computer, just photo, web browsing, listen to music, etc, is there any performance I would gain by getting one if I don't plan to play any video games?)

FYi - I still have not resolved this issue. However, I did end up changing my chameleon.boot.plst file to say GraphicsEnabler=Yes, and it actually still boots up the same as it did when it was "No," so that's good (I think that means my on-board graphics are running fully accelerated). However, I'm still unable to get the displayport to work. I'm wondering if it's my monitor, although using a laptop with Displayport>HDMI (laptop>Samsung P2770FH or something like that) works, and HDMI>HDMI for Hackpro to monitor works. I really want to get displayport out to work, so I can try plugging it into my iMac in Target Display mode. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back