Dell Inspiron 5570
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
UHD 620 / HD 530, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi,
Everything was working perfectly. Had Mojave installed.
I cloned my HDD to a SSD.
When I booted, graphics were messed up (some blinks on launchpad, and Google Chrome graphics not working at all-white screen).
I did a debug zip file.
Is there any problem with HD 4000 + SSD?
(Desktop Intel DH61AG | Intel i3-3225 | Intel HD4000 | 8Gb RAM)
Thanks

Attachments

• debug_956.zip
    898.1 KB · Views: 33
Hi,
Everything was working perfectly. Had Mojave installed.
I cloned my HDD to a SSD.
When I booted, graphics were messed up (some blinks on launchpad, and Google Chrome graphics not working at all-white screen).
I did a debug zip file.
Is there any problem with HD 4000 + SSD?
(Desktop Intel DH61AG | Intel i3-3225 | Intel HD4000 | 8Gb RAM)
Thanks
  • For your Intel HD 4000 you need to edit config.plist Graphics SECTION with not only [√]InjectIntel but also an [ig-platform-id].
  • Your EFI/CLOVER/config.plist/Graphics shows no [ig-platform-id] value. [See edited image of config.plist /Graphics as viewed from Clover Configurator Global Download Clover Configurator 5.3.2.0 | mackie100 projectshttps://mackie100projects.altervista.org/download-clover-configurator/]
  • I suggest the following
  • Reboot that system with the problem SSD.
  • When you reach Clover Boot Manager Screen (CBM) scroll down to Options and in Boot Args: make sure to type in -v (Verbose) and dart=0
  • Go down to Graphics Injector ->menu and open.
  • Type in and edit as shown in the image #1 of CBM Screen>Graphics Injector->
  • Return to CBM screen and boot your SSD System drive
  • Check if your Graphics problem has resolved.
  • If Graphics are fixed, edit your EFI/CLOVER/config.plist as shown in images 2 and 3 (which show your current values and desired values are annotated in Green)
  • To access your EFI>CLOVER>config.plist, you need to mount the EFI Partition of your SSD on the Desktop and navigate to target config.plist. You can use Clover Configurator Global as an EFI Mounter and config.plist editor.
    • config.plist Menu SECTIONS are on the Left Panel of CCG toward its Top half.
    • After editing , to save the config.plist, click the 2nd arrow at the bottom of CCG's Left Panel

Attachments

• 1.CBM Screen GraphicsInjecor.png
    1.CBM Screen GraphicsInjecor.png
    14.5 MB · Views: 88
  • 2.config.plist_Graphics.png
    2.config.plist_Graphics.png
    104.6 KB · Views: 93
  • 3.config.plist_Devices.png
    3.config.plist_Devices.png
    106.7 KB · Views: 82
Hi,
didn't work.
I gave up... Returned to HDD... just used the SSD for Windows installation...
The funny thing is that HDD installation works really welll (not so fast as SSD, but the graphics are 100%)...
Thanks anyway

Hi,
didn't work.
I gave up... Returned to HDD... just used the SSD for Windows installation...
The funny thing is that HDD installation works really welll (not so fast as SSD, but the graphics are 100%)...
Thanks anyway

didn't work.

What did not work?

Returned to HDD... just used the SSD for Windows installation...
The funny thing is that HDD installation works really welll
  • Is it your conclusion that the SSD is the cause of the Graphics problem?
  • What about the role of wrong config.plist_Graphics you had uploaded from that disk?
    • How did that occur in that SSD if it was a true clone of a Mojave HDD that works?

• You stated in your original post @ #1,
    I cloned my HDD to a SSD
  • You did not say anything about the method you had used to clone the HDD to SSD to know more about its role in the problem.
    • The problem could occur from not having the EFI 'cloned' properly to the SSD.
  • I do a lot of cloning from HDD to SSD and never experienced this type of problem except when I missed something in my procedure.

What did not work?

• Is it your conclusion that the SSD is the cause of the Graphics problem?
  • What about the role of wrong config.plist_Graphics you had uploaded from that disk?
    • How did that occur in that SSD if it was a true clone of a Mojave HDD that works?

• You stated in your original post @ #1,
  • You did not say anything about the method you had used to clone the HDD to SSD to know more about its role in the problem.
    • The problem could occur from not having the EFI 'cloned' properly to the SSD.
  • I do a lot of cloning from HDD to SSD and never experienced this type of problem except when I missed something in my procedure.
I used Carbon Copy Cloner
I cloned both partitions (EFI/Mojave). What's the best way to clone EFI partition?

The Graphics are still messed up.
I tried installing a fresh install too. Same problem.

Thanks

I used Carbon Copy Cloner
I cloned both partitions (EFI/Mojave). What's the best way to clone EFI partition?

The Graphics are still messed up.
I tried installing a fresh install too. Same problem.

Thanks

• Without a proper ig-platform-id [and perhaps(+/-) the Fake ID for IntelGFX] your Intel HD Graphics 4000 won't display properly in macOS including Mojave.
  • As you can see in my Profile, I am using Intel HD Graphics 4000 associated with i7 3770K on Mojave 14.1 using Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5- TH on a mushkin Reactor 500GB SSD and prior to that on a Seagate ST5000DM002 500 GB SATA Platter disk from which I cloned the SSD using Linux Donationware Clonezilla.
  • Both disks work perfectly because the /EFI/CLOVER in both are identical with CLOVER/kexts/Other containing the latest Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext and config.plist edited in Devices_Fake ID _IntelGFX =01628086 and config.plist_Graphics edited with [√]InjectIntel and [ig-platform-id] =01660003
  • After every clone whatever method you use, you need to compare the contents of the EFI/CLOVER to make sure the cloned disk has identical EFI contents including its config.plist.
  • If anything is different , then you need to edit the whole CLOVER.
  • You should also make sure you have installed the drivers (Lilu and Whatevergreen.kext) in the System Disk using kext utility or kextbeast juts like in the SATA HDD from which the SSD is cloned.
  • I have quit using CCC for my cloning and using Clonezilla for a number of years.
  • If you want to know about it, check this post: #2

Hi, after returning to HDD for a while... I decided to do a clean install using my SSD drive...
And so far so good... graphics are working fine. Audio and wifi too.
Thanks anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back