Graphics
GT555m
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have an System with Intel Core i3 4330 and HD4000 Graphics, I already tried injecting Intel driver with clover but it still shows up as an Intel HD 4400 with 7mb graphics Memory and the UI glitches sometimes. Does anybody know ho to fix this Problem? For wifi I have a Ralink RA-WN712 V1.1 USB key, I found El Capitan drivers for it but they didn't work with Sierra?

I have an System with Intel Core i3 4330 and HD4000 Graphics, I already tried injecting Intel driver with clover but it still shows up as an Intel HD 4400 with 7mb graphics Memory and the UI glitches sometimes. Does anybody know ho to fix this Problem? For wifi I have a Ralink RA-WN712 V1.1 USB key, I found El Capitan drivers for it but they didn't work with Sierra?

There appears to be no more support the RALink past El-Capitan, probably due to the way Apple changed their driver signing policy. Best to look for a newer wifi dongle that can work on Sierra, early days for Sierra so don't expect one in a hurry. One other way you could get past the wifi issue is simply buying a cheap D-Link wifi extender and plugging into the extender via cable. That's how I currently run Sierra.

I have an System with Intel Core i3 4330 and HD4000 Graphics, I already tried injecting Intel driver with clover but it still shows up as an Intel HD 4400 with 7mb graphics Memory and the UI glitches sometimes. Does anybody know ho to fix this Problem?

No need to "inject the Intel driver". The driver is already provided by the macOS installer.

No need to "inject the Intel driver". The driver is already provided by the macOS installer.
If I uncheck the "Inject Intel driver" the problem persists.

If I uncheck the "Inject Intel driver" the problem persists.

No idea what you mean by "Inject Intel driver".

The "Intel Core i3 4330" as you mention in post #1 does not have HD4000. It has HD4600.
Note: http://ark.intel.com/products/77769/Intel-Core-i3-4330-Processor-4M-Cache-3_50-GHz

Requirements:
- config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=true
- config.plist/Graphics/ig-platform-id=0x0d220003 (or unspecified, as 0x0d220003 is default)
- IGPU memory set to 64mb in BIOS
- digital connection to monitor (DP, HDMI, DVI-D... VGA not supported)
- VT-d disabled (or use dart=0 kernel flag)
- correct ACPI configuration (you cannot drop the SSDT that has GFX0 configuration)

Extra credit:
- rename GFX0->IGPU for IGPU power management

No idea what you mean by "Inject Intel driver".

The "Intel Core i3 4330" as you mention in post #1 does not have HD4000. It has HD4600.
Note: http://ark.intel.com/products/77769/Intel-Core-i3-4330-Processor-4M-Cache-3_50-GHz

Requirements:
- config.plist/Graphics/ig-platform-id=0x0d220003 (or unspecified, as 0x0d220003 is default)
- correct ACPI configuration (you cannot drop the SSDT that has GFX0 configuration)

Extra credit:
My mistake: It's actually the Core i3 4150 with the Intel HD4400, but it still shows the wrong video memory amount, I can't set IGPU memory in BIOS. Which config.plist do you mean, the EFI/CLOVER/config.plist, the EFI/CLOVER/OEM/SystemProductName/config.plist or the EFI/CLOVER/OEM/SystemProductName/UEFI/config.plist?
Where to rename GFX0 to IGPU? I'm sorry but I'm completely new to macOS.

My mistake: It's actually the Core i3 4150 with the Intel HD4400, but it still shows the wrong video memory amount, I can't set IGPU memory in BIOS. Which config.plist do you mean, the EFI/CLOVER/config.plist, the EFI/CLOVER/OEM/SystemProductName/config.plist or the EFI/CLOVER/OEM/SystemProductName/UEFI/config.plist?
Where to rename GFX0 to IGPU? I'm sorry but I'm completely new to macOS.

HD4400 has different requirements from HD4600...

Requirements:
- config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=0x04128086

Extra credit:

Generally, Clover reads from EFI/Clover/config.plist. The EFI/Clover/OEM directory is for creating an EFI/Clover that works with multiple different systems. For advanced users only.

Renaming GFX0 to IGPU is done with ACPI patching. You can read the laptop guide for details: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

The easiest way to accomplish the rename is via config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches as described in the hotpatch guide.

HD4400 has different requirements from HD4600...

Requirements:
- config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=0x04128086

Extra credit:

Generally, Clover reads from EFI/Clover/config.plist. The EFI/Clover/OEM directory is for creating an EFI/Clover that works with multiple different systems. For advanced users only.

Renaming GFX0 to IGPU is done with ACPI patching. You can read the laptop guide for details: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

The easiest way to accomplish the rename is via config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches as described in the hotpatch guide.

I did everything except for the renaming, the DSDT contained a lotof errors I couldn't solve, I don't really need powersaving features on my Desktop anyway. Is powersaving it's only purpose? The PC now shows the correct amount of videoram and I can change the screens resolution but I still have some UI glitches, is there any way to fix this?

I did everything except for the renaming, the DSDT contained a lotof errors I couldn't solve,

Correct disassembly procedures (using refs.txt and SSDTs as context) is critical.
Also must use ACPI 6.1 and linked tools as per guide.

As stated previously though, best/easiest way for this rename is to use config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches to do it from Clover (Clover ACPI hotpatch).

I don't really need powersaving features on my Desktop anyway. Is powersaving it's only purpose?

Not only power saving. Also performance...

The PC now shows the correct amount of videoram and I can change the screens resolution but I still have some UI glitches, is there any way to fix this?

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back