Contribute
Register

Intel HD 2500 iGPU partially working with Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have G2020 with HD2500, I can boot directly to Mac (not black screen with cursor) using FakeID and ig-platform-id with this guide. Any suggestion to get HD2500 CI even better QE
Your Pentium doesn't have HD2500 it only has generic Intel HD Graphics so it won't work. See the Intel site.

Screen_Shot_14.jpg

Hey guys I started this post over a year ago, but I have something new to add........ Drum roll I have just finished installing a optiplex 7010 mojave with a i3 3220 with HD 2500 and it works great. Also tried with Catalina, lots of tearing. Not bad these processors are going for a little under 8 dollars on ebay.

i3 3220 with HD 2500 and it works great
Please tell us how you got full graphics acceleration in Mojave with HD2500. All the detailed steps would be appreciated.

Hey guys I started this post over a year ago, but I have something new to add........ Drum roll I have just finished installing a optiplex 7010 mojave with a i3 3220 with HD 2500 and it works great. Also tried with Catalina, lots of tearing. Not bad these processors are going for a little under 8 dollars on ebay.

If you have a model that supports a video card, you'll get better results from an Nvidia Quadro K600 card for about $50

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MWB8TKN/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

you'll get better results from an Nvidia Quadro K600 card for about $50
They even give you 4K/60Hz when using the DP output to a 4k monitor. Not bad for a budget card.

Ok guys here is the skinny after testing many ............................. processors and motherboards, it is actually the processor. Maybe just dumb luck too. :( I have quite a few i5 3470 processors and none of them work. My i5 3340s came in a Dell Inspirion 660s and works out of the box in High Sierra and Mojave only! The i3 3220 arrived in a Optiplex 7010. I have a random i3 3220 coming in the mail this week to test my theory. :) It was only a few dollars worst case it ends up in a Holiday Gift.

sonicman66

Edit Dec 5, 2019

There is clearly differences in The processors.

The one I have today will not display the screen all i have is a cursor that moves but no display.

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will try and take pictures with my cheap cell phone asap.

sonicman66

Attachments

• Procs.jpg
    Procs.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 135
Last edited:
The processor on the left is the ebay special that does not work, from Costa Rica. The one on the right works in High Sierra and Mojave in all the motherboards I have Dell, Hp Gigabyte and Asus. If anyone needs anymore info let me know.
Oh yeah the processor is for sale on the left. :)

sonicman66

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back