Contribute
Register

Intel HD 2500 iGPU partially working with Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
create a disk (usb) like I did install clover Uefi only use my clover Folder with config.plist. No more black screen with mouse pointer I had that before.

I tried that already and it didn't work on my HP 6300 machine.

Rats, I don't have a box similar to yours to try with. I will see if I can pick one up from a friend. I will keep you posted.

sonicman66
One question, do you connect to your monitor with a DVI to DVI cable ? HDMI to HDMI ? Something else ?

Here's my PR files. I'm only able to boot with Fake IntelGFX ID otherwise I reach the desktop and have a black screen but can see the mouse pointer.

May be issue of ig-platform-id choice/connector choice.
Also @sonicman66 was using iMac13,3.
Also, your kexts are not installed properly (FakeSMC.kext not installed).

Actually I tried all combos to be sure, Dvi to Dvi and hdmi to hdmi and also a dvi to hdmi cable they all worked.

I'm a little upset I that I cannot get igpu and discrete dgpu working together I want my triple monitor setup from el-capitan sierra and high sierra not happy at all.

Did you try 13,3 yet?

I've tried the exact same ig-platform-id and SMBIOS that sonicman66 is using and it made no difference. FakeSMC was installed to kexts/other folder. Installed it to /L/E and that makes no difference either. I'm not seeing how HD2500 can have native support as it's nothing like the native support that HD4000 has. Running the HP 6300 Pro with HD4000 is extremely simple.

One positive thing I've noticed is that running Mojave on a platter hard drive is much faster than running older macOS versions. It may be due to APFS or possibly something else. It almost makes an older platter drive tolerable as a boot drive.

Last edited:
I've tried the exact same ig-platform-id and SMBIOS that sonicman66 is using and it made no difference. FakeSMC was installed to kexts/other folder. Installed it to /L/E and that makes no difference either.

FakeSMC.kext at EFI/Clover/kexts/Other is not "installed"... that is "injected".
Best to install all kexts you need to /L/E for consistent kernel cache-based booting.

I'm not seeing how HD2500 can have native support as it's nothing like the native support that HD4000 has.

Yet, we have examples of it working somewhat...

Running the HP 6300 Pro with HD4000 is extremely simple.

No question. I don't know why someone would choose an HD2500 based chip, when they could easily buy an HD4000 setup that is known to work well.

Back, dude did not have anything but dual core HPs. To address the HD 2500 based chip fiasco, me personally I was sick of purchasing additional cards for these low end machines. So every release I always tried just in case!

sonicman66

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back