GTX 1080
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
43a.jpg
Tech Powerup has revealed that the refresh to Intel's 'Haswell' CPUs may come as early as May 10. The new CPUs will run on Intel's z97 express chipset which will allow the use of the next gen M.2 SATA Express drives meant to replace current mSATA drives. These devices can provide double the storage capacity with faster read/write speeds.

The CPU refresh with the z97 chipset will offer a slight bump in performance for around the same price points.

Source: http://www.techpowerup.com/199755/intel-core-haswell-refresh-cpus-launch-date-revealed.html

Motherboard
Asus X99 Deluxe
CPU
E5-2697v3
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iMac, Power Mac, Xserve
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Interesting. I wonder how the architecture change will affect OS X compatibility. Certainly the chipset change will result in incompatibility, but I hope it comes with an incremental system update, and we don't have to wait for 10.10!

Motherboard
Z390N itx/ac
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Interesting. I wonder how the architecture change will affect OS X compatibility. Certainly the chipset change will result in incompatibility, but I hope it comes with an incremental system update, and we don't have to wait for 10.10!
It is highly likely that there will either be a macmini or iMac released with the updated chipset. Official support, therefore, should be rapidly deployed.