Contribute
Register

Intel Hades Canyon NUC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey All,
Just wanted to say that I've tried to get the installation going 5-6 times, using different USB sticks, using both Mojave and High Sierra. It all failed on the last step on the installation where the OS will try to initiate a GPU of some kind (that normally distorts the screen for a few seconds)

All freeze and it was not until I tried an earlier version of Clover (5018) it worked on the Intel NUC (Hades Canyon) Doh!

However now I'm super happy and the Vega seems to be performing great, so much that my eGPU AMD Vega got kicked out of the system. As an old mackintosh builder I kept my BT400 USB BT dongle as I can't live without BT. Worked great (Kind'of - have experienced some glitches after initial boot as others have reported as well - worked fine on High Sierra)

My TB3 ePCIe 10 Gigabit SFP+ NIC worked as well, and that's really sweet. :D

Big thumbs up to osy86 for the hac-mini and the ones who worked on the Polaris22 driver!

My TB3 ePCIe 10 Gigabit SFP+ NIC worked as well, and that's really sweet. :D

Big thumbs up to osy86 for the hac-mini and the ones who worked on the Polaris22 driver!

super
sd card work ?
open photo jpg with preview??? o crash program?
my tb 3 no work ? what are the drivers?? tnx

NUC8i7HNK with i7-8705G needs a different config.plist, you can use the one attached.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.8 KB · Views: 341
Hi all,

Wondering anyone else has experienced this while trying to do a clean install on their NUC8i7HVK...

Any bootable USB drives that I plug into the NUC shows up as

Code:
UEFI : USB : Mac OS X : PART 0 : OS Bootloader

Even a Windows 10 USB bootable installer is showing up as this in the BIOS. When pressing F10 to select the USB drive, it shows up as "Mac OS X". Selecting it makes the screen flash once and goes right back to the Boot Menu.

I've tried flashing the BIOS by updating to the latest but no help.

Has anyone else ran into this issue before?

Hi all,

Wondering anyone else has experienced this while trying to do a clean install on their NUC8i7HVK...

Any bootable USB drives that I plug into the NUC shows up as

Code:
UEFI : USB : Mac OS X : PART 0 : OS Bootloader

Even a Windows 10 USB bootable installer is showing up as this in the BIOS. When pressing F10 to select the USB drive, it shows up as "Mac OS X". Selecting it makes the screen flash once and goes right back to the Boot Menu.

I've tried flashing the BIOS by updating to the latest but no help.

Has anyone else ran into this issue before?

It took a bit of research to Google for the right thing. Yes, I'm a noob. But finally found a YouTuber that had a video about issues he had with "ghost boot loaders". My issue was finally resolved by following these instructions to remove old boot loaders saved on the firmware:

Now that I've got a clean install, I can't seem to get the Thunderbolt ports to work.

Can anyone please help?

Never mind about the TB3 post above. It just started working on it's own.

But here's an error that I'm getting after leaving the NUC on over night:

Code:
UUID: E8C8670D-04B2-4401-A4AA-4C621893B158
Stackshot Reason: Sleep transition timed out after 180 seconds while entering darkwake on way to sleep. Suspected bundle: com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHostFamily. Thread 0x1f094.
Failure code:: 0x5d9cdacf 00000031

Does anyone know how to resolve this one?

Sorry to be so late to the party, but I have just had cause to become a hackintosh user for the first time :eek:
I'm trying to get a NUC 8i7HVK to boot from USB, but it won't get me any options in the BIOS.

I have tried everything and it's doing my head in.
If I make a Windows 10 USB drive it will show up and I have the boot option with as per normal with F10, but it won't give me access for Catalina USB at either, the F10 boot prompt or in BIOS.

Like I said, I've tried everything, different USB drives, different ports, the Windows 10 USB drive in a front USB port and the Catalina USB in the back (as per an Intel suggest). Legacy on and off, no secure boot option, tried an earlier BIOS (0057 from 0059).

I'm open to dancing naked in front of the NUC 8i7HVK if that will make it boot from a Catalina USB drive!!!
Please point me in the right direction, please!

Best bet is to follow this. Here , Yeah for the sake of people around you please do not dance naked in front of your nuc lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back