Contribute
Register

Intel Hades Canyon NUC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you having your VoodooHDA? this seems to be a VoodooHDA result.
After I removed VoodooHDA & reinstalled AppleALC.kext+Lilu.kext, even line-out & SPDIF-out have no audio output at all now? Something wrong with my steps? Thanks

Last edited:
Awesome! It works!
Thank you very much!!!

Update: but both Line-out(Black Rear) and SPDIF-out (Black Left) are not working this time...
What's the status of your audio output now, every thing OK?

What's the status of your audio output
The Hades Canyon NUC codec configuration (codec dump) does not support the published audio hardware configuration; Intel failure. Neither Windows or Linux support Hades Canyon NUC audio completely.
See Intel NUC8i7HVK ALC700 dumps, last page

After I removed VoodooHDA & reinstalled AppleALC.kext+Lilu.kext, even line-out & SPDIF-out have no audio output at all now? Something wrong with my steps? Thanks
It’s normal when you get only HDMI audio when using AppleALC.
VoodooHDA is only capable of handling rear jack audio. The AppleALC is only capable of handling HDMI audio. It depends on your choice

Any words on 10.14.5 support? I can't even boot into my machine after the upgrade even with the AMDRadeon4000.kext provided in this thread. Can someone share their EFI folder if they have it successfully working?

Thanks!

I went back to 10.14.4 and got everything working except the colors are way off and I don't know how to fix it. I am getting full graphics acceleration and no garbled text in any app, everything is flawless except the colors of course. Taking suggestion, help me to get rid of it god awful color. I want me blue back.

Attachments

• Screenshot1.png
    Screenshot1.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 233
I went back to 10.14.4 and got everything working except the colors are way off and I don't know how to fix it. I am getting full graphics acceleration and no garbled text in any app, everything is flawless except the colors of course. Taking suggestion, help me to get rid of it god awful color. I want me blue back.
can you share your efi ? thx

I am getting full graphics acceleration and no garbled text in any app, everything is flawless except the colors of course.

That is quite impressive. I'm reading about 8705G graphics with acceleration and without the annoying glitches for the first time. How did you achieve that? I hope you'll get a grip on the color distortion, even though it doesn't look too bad, does it?

hi anyone still working on 8809g?
I do not have a machine in hand, but I found some leads, hope this can help, if you have NUC on hand, please try this out.

in this page I got https://devicehunt.com/view/type/pci/vendor/1002/device/67E0
694C Polaris 22 XT [Radeon RX Vega M GH] this should be 8809g's amd graphic card id
694E Polaris 22 XL [Radeon RX Vega M GL] this should be 8705g's amd graphic card id

in this thread
some one find the kext location for 694C

I think we should patch this
AMDRadeonX5000HWServices.kext: and
AMDRadeonX5000.kext:

to make driver work

some one familiar with this, may drive amd card.

I do not have the 8809g nuc on hand, so anyone can kindly experiment this ?
thx a lot

hi anyone still working on 8809g?
I do not have a machine in hand, but I found some leads, hope this can help, if you have NUC on hand, please try this out.

in this page I got https://devicehunt.com/view/type/pci/vendor/1002/device/67E0
694C Polaris 22 XT [Radeon RX Vega M GH] this should be 8809g's amd graphic card id
694E Polaris 22 XL [Radeon RX Vega M GL] this should be 8705g's amd graphic card id

in this thread
some one find the kext location for 694C

I think we should patch this
AMDRadeonX5000HWServices.kext: and
AMDRadeonX5000.kext:

to make driver work

some one familiar with this, may drive amd card.

I do not have the 8809g nuc on hand, so anyone can kindly experiment this ?
thx a lot
Tell me what you need. I’m in 10.14.4 currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back