Contribute
Register

Intel Hades Canyon NUC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys ...... I'm also Interested in, to run MacOs on the NUC 8I7HVK.

That Fred here is the only one which takes care of this Topic.

Iam from Germany.... and i want it for Music Production Machine.

So opened up a Fred in a German Hackintosh Forum and One Guy said, that the WLAN Module is not Supported.

Then, later on another guy posted a Youtube Video, where this Machine gotta Teardown.

and here. i think the second Video is the right one

And see, Voila. You can change the Wlan Module and replace it for a one which runs on MacOS.

But Graphics Thing makes me Sad.

@Gigamaxx . .... Is there hope? that it will be run in Future. waiting up for WWDC 2018. What Apple comes out with.....

So please keep this Fred on running.

bye... see u next time

It may not be possible to get graphics fully working, I’m just testing and will be returning it shortly. It is possible that in the future if apple adopts this or one similar it will work but be careful it is a lot of money to fork out if it doesn’t work. The skull canyon model with iris graphics may be a better fit if you need a Nuc.
Have my NUC, do you have any insight or links so that I can get OSX installed? I'm hoping it will be faster than my 13' macbook pro and can use my eGpu when Final Cut 13.4 is sorted (but 13.3 for now).

Thanks

Hey Guys ...... I'm also Interested in, to run MacOs on the NUC 8I7HVK.

That Fred here is the only one which takes care of this Topic.

I am from Germany.... and i want it for Music Production Machine.

So opened up a Fred in a German Hackintosh Forum and One Guy said, that the WLAN Module is not Supported.

Then, later on another guy posted a Youtube Video, where this Machine gotta Teardown.

and here. i think the second Video is the right one

And see, Voila. You can change the Wlan Module and replace it for a one which runs on MacOS.

But Graphics Thing makes me Sad.

@Gigamaxx . .... Is there hope? that it will be run in Future. waiting up for WWDC 2018. What Apple comes out with.....

So please keep this Fred on running.

bye... see u next time

Yes I changed my WiFi module, to get it working. BCM 94352 I think I got it on eBay for $20. Works well, the LAN is i2111 which is troublesome to get working. It needs Intel IGBKext I think but I didn’t test it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have my NUC, do you have any insight or links so that I can get OSX installed? I'm hoping it will be faster than my 13' macbook pro and can use my eGpu when Final Cut 13.4 is sorted (but 13.3 for now).

Thanks

Follow a coffee lake build guide. I used a SDD from a previous build and it worked. Nothing too hard about the setup. Later tonight I’ll send you my plist if you don’t figure it out by then.

Follow a coffee lake build guide. I used a SDD from a previous build and it worked. Nothing too hard about the setup. Later tonight I’ll send you my plist if you don’t figure it out by then.
I've been getting a hang/crash, 50% through install and the daisy/circle thing is solid :( Anything I should look for/amend in the bios that's not obvious?

I've been getting a hang/crash, 50% through install and the daisy/circle thing is solid :( Anything I should look for/amend in the bios that's not obvious?

Hit the space bar once select verbose, and single user.
@root type "fsck -fy" without "" marks.
@root "exit".
See if you get through it. I'll send my config.plist over in a minute as well.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.9 KB · Views: 329
I’m stuck in this loop now.....

View media item 190578
I sa these before the final error (on the end attempt)

View media item 190579
Sorry for crap quality, am using iPad

Should I format the new 2nd SSD I bought to install OSx in Windows first? I’m assuming not and can’t connnect it to my MacBook Pro being m2.nvmie

Hey guys, I have a NUC8i7HVK and would be happy to test out any stuff you guys would need. I tried following the RehabMan NUC guide to no avail, as well as the regular Unibeast method. I can get through installation but at the final boot up it just gets stuck in a boot loop.

Cheers.

Hey guys, I have a NUC8i7HVK and would be happy to test out any stuff you guys would need. I tried following the RehabMan NUC guide to no avail, as well as the regular Unibeast method. I can get through installation but at the final boot up it just gets stuck in a boot loop.

Cheers.

Load High Sierra on a spare disk on your other working system and use it. Maybe change the System definition, serial number and UUID, rom etc..

I’m stuck in this loop now.....

View media item 190578
I sa these before the final error (on the end attempt)

View media item 190579
Sorry for crap quality, am using iPad

Should I format the new 2nd SSD I bought to install OSx in Windows first? I’m assuming not and can’t connnect it to my MacBook Pro being m2.nvmie

Try removing the wifi card. I think you will need the IntelIGBkext for LAN to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back