CPU
i5-8300H
Graphics
HD 630 + GTX 1050 (1920x1280)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Has anybody tried making a Hackintosh out of one of the new Hades Canyon NUC's (in particular, the model # NUC6i7KYK)?

I'd be curious to see one of these dual boot between Mac OS X/Windows 10 on separate M.2 drives.

Would the NUC8i7HVK (Hades canyon) have the same possibilities as the older Skull Canyon version ...?

View attachment 330543 View attachment 330542 I picked one up for testing, the non over clockable model. Undortunately, the graphics are not native, and adding the 0x694E1002 ID to the vega kexts has no effect. Display 7mb. Using ig plaltform ID for intel showed HD 630 but no VRam allocation. I will poke around more this weekend but it doesn’t look too promising for this chip. I’m in HS 13.5 beta.

Screen Shot 2018-05-11 at 12.07.55 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-05-10 at 11.19.58 PM.png

Last edited:
A little progress we are working on another site with help from Rehabman and EzTravelTime to create fakepciidkexts. I am also testing a 2400G which is a platform that is not supported on this site so it makes sense to do it there for now. If there is any success I will update here for the NUC. Fingers Crossed!

Would you mind sending me a pm to that thread, I’m waiting for my pre order hades (still no stock in the uk allegedly) and a total hack noobie and eager to learn/contribute.

It may not be possible to get graphics fully working, I’m just testing and will be returning it shortly. It is possible that in the future if apple adopts this or one similar it will work but be careful it is a lot of money to fork out if it doesn’t work. The skull canyon model with iris graphics may be a better fit if you need a Nuc.

I’m after something that has reliable thunderbolt 3 so the hades seemed the best turnkey solution. Anything has to be better graphics than the MacBook 13. I’ll be using a egpu (hence seed for tb3).

I’ve not seen a build that seems to be worth taking a punt on with tb3. The difference in price is worth a punt on having a fairly good dual boot with windows......Again, thunderbolt 3 is a requirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back