Contribute
Register

Intel Hades Canyon NUC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried to post an update to this before, I guess the mods didn't like the link to a different site.

An update on this I test some configurations and noticed that Mojave will boot with 32GB in the top slot (slot #1) only. 32GB in the bottom slot (slot #2) and 64GB (32 in each) gets stuck at "End randomseed".

Trying to boot with 8GB and 32GB, boots with Mojave recognizing only 8GB.

I tried editing my SMBIOS section of my efi/clover/config.plist, with various settings recommended elsewhere for frequency, size, part number, etc, but it didn't appear to have any effect booting up.

Not really sure what to try next... Linux has no trouble with both slots with 32GB each. OSX's behaviour is puzzling.

Hey All, I recently bought 64GB for my Hades Canyon for $340USD from eBay, installed the memory however, Mojave won't boot... Gets stuck at "End randomseed" during boot up.

The ram is recognized by the bios and Linux boots and runs with it installed.

I've seen various posts about trying ram in different slots, but those seem to apply to boards with 4 RAM slots, has anyone seen this type of issue before? Any workarounds or tweaks?

Any suggestions welcomed, thanks.

Hi,
I installed Mojave 10.14.4 with betterclever's EFI on my NUC8i7HVK, but I failed to connect Internet with cable network.
Any idea to solve this problem?
thanks!

Hi,
I installed Mojave 10.14.4 with betterclever's EFI on my NUC8i7HVK, but I failed to connect Internet with cable network.
Any idea to solve this problem?
thanks!
Have you tried both? I got one of them working. With the default Unibeast installer created clover folder.

Just finished Mojave installation in my NUC8i7HVK, mostly following @jumpkick's steps and the mojave installation guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ojave-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.259381/

Here's my current result:

• Full GPU acceleration
  • Network with HoRNDIS works fine
  • No Sound (will update VoodooHDA later)
  • Some graphic glitch here and there
  • Safari is totally not usable (text glitch)
  • HWMonitor works with text glitch
  • Firefox works fine
  • Xcode works fine
  • Unreal Engine works fine
  • Test metal application works fine
  • Subnautica with medium profile plays fine (Will test fortnite later)
  • Trine plays fine

Here's my steps:

1. Prepare Mojave USB drive (8GB) in VMWare (Sierra 10.12.6) with UniBeast 9.0.0 (Mojave downloaded with dosdue's Mojave Patcher); Copy EFI folder from betterclever's EFI folder to USB's EFI folder in EFI partition (might be optional); Make sure there's no MBR partition in USB (UniBeast won't report error, but it's not bootable), Erase USB with GUID partition scheme if that's the case

2. Update Bios to latest version; Disable "Secure Boot"; Disable "IntelIGD"; Disable "VT-d"; Set "Wake on LAN from S4/S5" to "Stay Off"; Enable "Boot USB Devies First"(optional); Make sure RAM is installed in Slot 1 (if there's only one RAM), otherwise Installer will stuck after "Random Seed"

3. Install from USB (Press F10 when booting, select USB to boot)

4. Reboot from USB (press F10 to select boot drive), run Multibeast, add VoodooHDA 2.9.1 driver (Update: Don't do that, the 2.9.1 comes with Multibeast wont work, just download and install the latest 2.9.1SSE), build and install

5. Replace SDD's EFI folder with betterclever's EFI folder (Use EFI Mounter v3 for easy EFI mounting); Reboot with USB unpluged, done!

6. (Optional) Download and install RehabMan's FakeSMC+HWMonitor release for CPU/GPU/SSD temperature monitoring

------Update 1-------
  • Unigine Valley Result: Score 1462 with Extreme HD preset (About same result as GTX1050)
  • Fornite plays fine (not sure about the fps)
  • Still no sound after update VoodooHDA to latest version
  • GFXBench Metal wont run (reported "Virtualized or custom OS.")
  • Splashtop XDisplay with iPad connected via USB works for 1 or 2 minutes then lost connection

------Update 2-------
  • Fornite plays at 45~60fps in "High" setting; 30~45fps in "Epic" setting
  • Somehow sound working now after multiple rebooting (not sure what happened)
  • If "Disable 2D Acceleration" with Quartz Debug, some graphic glitch goes away
View attachment 380224
Before: View attachment 380225
After: View attachment 380226

------Update 3-------

• Geekbench CPU Score 4757(single core), 15144(multi core), 94176(OpenCL)
View attachment 380926
View attachment 380927

View attachment 380928

------Update 4-------

• Can confirm the garble text rendering is metal issue

View attachment 381350
Unity in Metal mode

View attachment 381351
Unity in OpenGL mode

------Update 5-------
  • Upgrade to 10.14.3 successfully
Could you share your EFI? i have metal issue

Nice question. I truly want to let you know how I get to my results.
Here's everything:

And as you can see, that 2 graphics configuration are literally everything I've configured.
VoodooHDA is causing bootloop so I'm no longer using it.
AppleALC from toleda is working for HDMI Audio.

And that's it.

The windows bcdedit is totally a mess when I tried that. The UEFI somehow favours Windows Boot Manager, and Windows boot manager is getting rid of everything else. I simply installed a Ubuntu and failed to use command line tools to try get windows boot manager to coupe with anything else, Grub, or Clover.
Try get rid of Windows Boot Manager before you try other options if necessary.
Thanks, the rear line-out is working. But HDMI audio not working.
Wireless Dw1560 802.11ac Broadcom Bcm94352z M.2 NGFF
Wifi & bluetooth are working stable.

Last edited:
Thanks, the rear line-out is working. But HDMI audio not working.
Wireless Dw1560 802.11ac Broadcom Bcm94352z M.2 NGFF
Wifi & bluetooth are working stable.
For HDMI audio tryout Toleda's Experimental AppleALC.kext somewhere in this post :)

ALC700 audio: Experimental

Serious Intel audio codec configuration mistakes; neither analog connector works correctly in Windows or Linux.

macOS/10.14+: AMD HDMI/DP and SPDIF digital audio working

Install attached AppleALC.kext and LiLu.kext to /L/E with KextBeast
Problems: Intel NUC8i7HVK ALC700 dumps

Credit: kowbot and lmshsqlc

Installed your attached AppleALC.kext and LiLu.kext to /L/E with KextBeast, but HDMI audio is still not working. Where should I check?

Screen Shot 2019-06-25 at 23.38.19.png
Screen Shot 2019-06-25 at 23.39.02.png
Screen Shot 2019-06-25 at 23.39.21.png
Screen Shot 2019-06-25 at 23.39.55.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-25 at 23.50.24.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-25 at 23.50.24.png
    250 KB · Views: 65
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back