Contribute
Register

Intel Hades Canyon NUC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pull Request is not the right way to ask for support but I can't find an issue tracker either.

Pull Request is not the right way to ask for support but I can't find an issue tracker either.

I picked up a Powercolor RX 590 and it works. It is recognized as 0x67DF1002 in Clover and RX 480 which is normal. But about this Mac shows the same Radeon Polaris that you have. Ive tested in Mojave 14.2 beta but when using in High Sierra the benches are feeble. AMD must have added newer drivers to the Mojave betas making all this possible.

RX 590 About this Mac.png RX 590 G3258 METAL.png

I asked for this particular enhancement on github on the AppleALC repo, but a guy called "vandroiy2013" closed my edit without any remark 10 minutes after I submitted it: https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC/pull/340
As he didn't provide an email in hi personal profile, and github removed the private messaging system from their site, I couldn't even ask him why :(
Yeah, but there's also a blue flag "enhancement" that you can append to a pull, exactly for that.

Neither (issue/pr without a solution) is the proper way to get the support added.
The wiki has some info on adding new codecs. I may do it as time allows (but ski season has started...).

Until graphics are working properly there isn't much incentive to work on other things like audio.

Yeah, but there's also a blue flag "enhancement" that you can append to a pull, exactly for that.

Pull requests are for when you have done some work and wish to have it integrated into the project.
It is NOT a mechanism to request others to do the work.

i find this statement at the LEAST strange... since this post started literally EVERYONE was reporting that EVERYTHING BUT VIDEO was working PERFECT.. now it is not only the video but the audio as well .... I'm really excited about the latest news, just wondering when or IF there is gonna be a guide EVER to be able to get my NUC running perfect 100% with everything I still gotta buy the WiFi/Bluetooth broad-comm M.2 card, but will only buy once everything is running smooth

I too would like to know what doesn't work so far, besides vidéo HW acceleration (and now, audio). Among other things for example:

- Do Thunderbolt 3 ports work?
- Does the front SD card reader work? If not (incompatible PCIe version), is it removable? i.e. to be replaced by another internal card plugged on one of the USB headers on the motherboard.
- Do put to sleep and awake from sleep work? And without sluggishness?

About wireless features. The Hades Canyon has an Intel Wireless-AC 8265 card that supports 802.11ax 2x2 MU-MIMO (802.11ac 2nd gen) and Bluetooth v4.2. It is my understanding such card is removable and put in an M.2 slot. Due to the fact it is advertised as "2x2" I suspect there are only two antennas, reaching max speed of 867 Mbps. I assume the intel card is not recognized by macOS (as always with Intel wireless chips).

If all these wireless hypotheses are true, does a Broadcom card BCM94360CS2 + M.2 (NGFF) to mini PCIe adapter fit in there (enough space and antenna cable length), and does it work? And finally, if all previous ifs are ok, do Continuity features (Handoff, iMessage, camera, etc.) work?

Not everyone was reporting everything was fine. martonfred reported everything is fine, but if you read carefully he does mention that he use an external USB audio card. ALC700 shouldn't be hard to patch though, may expect it soon. Since, acceleration wasn't there, it was kinda pointless to get everything else working by the community and support for it, but it has started to gain pace now, so probably it will be a very usable machine very soon. :)

Ask for help, excited finally succeeded in driving Radeon RX Vega M GH Graphics, but there are still some problems, see my icons are mosaic, my config.plist

<key>FakeID</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<string>0x67DF1002</string>
</dict>
2018-11-20 17.58.57.png
2018-11-20 18.01.44.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back