i7-8700K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Guys,

I'm hoping for someone with more knowledge than I can ever hope to obtain that will read this and think "argh what an idiot, he just needs to change this one setting".

Basically, I've installed High Sierra successfully on my M.2 SSD, connected to a Gigabyte Z370XP SLI mobo and i7 8700k Coffee Lake CPU. I currently have 8GB RAM installed but plan to add more in the future.

As I am using my Hackintosh to make music, I thought the Intel graphics should be fine and dandy for my use but I seem to be getting A LOT of artifacts and glitches even after doing the "inject Intel" route in MultiBeast (I chose Intel HD6XX) and following every single video tutorial I could find on youtube which all made me change values in Clover Configurator with no results.

Other than the artifacts/glitches everything seems to be working well and I'm very happy I took the plunge with Hackintosh but I can't get over how ugly and sluggish the graphics seem to be, considering I'm using the latest mobo/CPU.

Please, Please, Please help me?

Many thanks,

Ben

Last edited by a moderator:
PS I now think I have made a chance discovery by clicking 'about my Mac' it looks like there's only 10mb allocated to GFX, is anyone able to confirm that this is the cause of my problems?

Screenshot attached.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-26 at 20.11.20.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-26 at 20.11.20.png
    107.6 KB · Views: 215
Update: after following the guide here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...3p-uhd-graphics-630-macos-high-sierra.239402/

I've managed to get Vram working, however now, although I have 1536mb of video ram, and the screen stuttering has gone, my resolution has gone to pot and is stretched out. I'm using an LG 25" ultra wide monitor.

Does anyone have any ideas on this final hurdle on changing the resolution to 2560 x 1080p.

The monitor is an LG 25um58.

Hey man, I have never dealt with intel graphics on a hackintosh before but from what I read on the internet is that Mac OS natively does not support intel graphics per se (with some exceptions). Even though it amazes me how far you have come with this, you may have ended up in a dead end with this one. Have you considered buying a lower end NVidia card instead? Since the 2080 has come out, prices are in a free fall right now and you might end up with a good model for a killer price.

forget what I said. maybe you can get yourself a Sapphire Radeon Pulse RX 560 - it is really easy to get it running and the price is around 130 $ at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back