Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus P8Z77-V
CPU
i5 3570K
Graphics
HD4000
I have the above setup that has been running happily for a year with a GTX950 installed.

I want to use the GTX950 elsewhere so I have now removed it and i'm trying to get the HD4000 graphics working correctly, specifically at 2560x1440 over displayport.

Steps I have take so far:
* Removed the Nvidia web drivers
* set the bios to use internal graphics at 64Mb
* set ig-platform-id to 0x0166000a in config.plist
* set inject intel in config.plist
* re-extracted my dsdt and ssdt as per rehabmans laptop guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/
* re-patched dsdt and ssdt with the patch for P8Z77-V and the GFX0 to IGPU rename patch. There was also another patch required on one of the ssdts that I forget the name of.

results so far:
HD4000 works but on HDMI only up to 1920x1080 (as expected) and on displayport only properly at 1280x720. At 1920x1080 and above there are screen artifacts and flickering, mostly the lower half of the screen just displays garbage. The mouse cursor also turns into a rectangle that is a miniature of the desktop image!

Also the expected max resolution on DP of 2560x1440 is not even present but higher resolutions are available and they sort of work with low refresh rates and half the screen glitching out as described.

I don't really understand how the dsdt patches interact with the clover settings in config.plist and have probably got something wrong there. Can anyone provide a config.plist that would be a good default for this system?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back