Graphics
GTX 650 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Intel DZ77BH-55K | i7 3770k | Intel 335 Series SSD | nVidia GTX 650 Ti

1) BIOS setup (F2):
Provided you haven't gone messing about with your BIOS settings, these should be all you need to change:

i) In "Boot" options, ensure that "Boot from USB" and "UEFI boot" are set to "Enabled".
ii) In "Boot" options, set your USB device to boot first in the legacy order (use '+' to move it up the list).

I run multiple SSDs (one has OSX and the other has Windows) and have my OSX disk set second, my Windows disk third. I have my OSX disk connected to the on-board SATA0 port (blue connectors), and it shows as "P0" in BIOS. My Windows disk uses the SATA1 port and shows as "P1".

It's recommended that you disconnect any additional drives during the install process;

2) Follow the standard UNIBEAST install for Mavericks process until you get to step 5. "Post-installation Using Multibeast";

3) Open the Multibeast for Mavericks app and 'Load' the .mb file I have attached to this post (I've saved mine onto my unibeast USB stick along with the multibeast app);

4) Check the 'Compile' tab to confirm you actually want to install what I have included.
- I'm using neither DSDT nor DSDT-Free install options. All options have been manually and painstakingly selected over the course of several failed install attempts. Add or remove anything you believe you want or need here at your own risk...
- I have included the TRIM enabler. If you're not running an SSD or your SSD already shows TRIM support as "YES" in the system report, you don't need to install this and can remove this from the Drivers --> Disk section;

5) Click the 'Install' option and let it do its thing. When it finishes, close the application.

6) I have seen this step reported in other guides and it certainly doesn't do any harm to run it; whether it's essential or not I am uncertain.

i) Open Disk Utility via spotlight (command + space, type "disk" and press return)
ii) Select the partition your OSX Mavericks installation is on, then choose "Repair Disk Permissions"
iii) When this is complete, close Disk Utility, right-click and "Eject" your USB disk and remove it from the case, then...;

7) Reboot your system and choose your OSX install from the Chimera bootloader screen;

8) Let me know how you go. I've installed Mountain Lion and Mavericks many, many times to get to a stage where I don't need to boot from the Unibeast USB flash stick. I don't think I've lost a hair, but I have lost my patience repeatedly.

NOTES ON BIOS VERSIONS AND UPDATES FOR THIS BOARD
- I have patched my board to run the 0085 BIOS version.
- I can't stress enough that you MUST NOT ATTEMPT A BIOS UPDATE unless it is your last resort.
- Google "BIOS update DZ77BH-55K" and see the world of hurt people have gotten themselves into while attempting BIOS updates on this board. I am onto my second board because of this, and nearly destroyed this one too while trying to get from 0057 to 0085.

Attachments

• dz77bh-55k_SSD.mb.zip
    143.4 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
did u try Sierra?

No. Actually I have this mobo and I wanted to try Sierra OS X.
But I have to get an Nvidia Card cause I've a Xeon cpu and I dunno if it's easy to get the integrated INTEL P4000 working.
So I was searching for some info on here :)
I didn 't hope to get a reply as the messages was old.
So you are still running Mavericks flawlessly or you did some update?

PS I used hackintosh on another PC I had, but the last one I had was Mountain Lion.

EDIT I think P4000 could work with the OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID

Last edited:
Up and running with Sierra :)

Didn't change any BIOS settings from what I was using for Mavericks. Followed steps 1, 2, 4, and 5 from https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/ . Here's the MultiBeast config I have used: (dz77bh-55k_ssd_SIERRA.mb).

Had to run MultiBeast a couple of times over the course of a couple of reboots to install the Realtek 898 driver and had to tick a box in the clover config items (install EFI something-or-other - will clarify some time :)) post-install to boot from hard disk.

Limited time to put the compy through its paces (the audio was always 50/50 if it was going to work every time I turned the computer on in mavericks) right now but will stress test in the coming days.

Haven't tried using onboard video, and didn't use it with Mavericks either, sorry. The nVidia GTX 650 Ti I have works AOK without needing to set or change any patch or config options.

Attachments

• dz77bh-55k_ssd_SIERRA.mb
    3 KB · Views: 379
Installed it!
Works well, lan worked instantly and also video.
MultiBeast did not bring any difference :D
I'll re run cause audio is not working and struggle with P4000 cause animation are pretty slow

Last edited:
Great news :)

Yeah just reinstall the Realtek 898 driver on its own with MultiBeast then reboot, see if it works. Once you get it working once you shouldn't have to run the MultiBeast install again until a major system update happens. I add the volume display to the menu bar so I can test audio every time I boot up. The device shows as 'Internal Speaker' for me when it's working. Mic also works.

That said, I just blew up my install trying to restore applications from time machine. At least I know it works and I know how I broke it.

I have kept the mavericks UniBeast boot USB stick so I can format the drive and worst case, roll back to it if Sierra doesn't work out for me.

All the best with it and glad I could help you :)

Last edited:
I used TM too with a backup from 3y ago and it went well :)
let's see if audio n video will work
thanks for sharing

works like a charm!!!!
Audio works... USB 3.0 working too,
P4000 too after fakePCIID installation (2 kexts)
(also I forgot had to remove the USB installation pen so wasted 2 tries)

EDIT
the PC does not shut down. It shuts down and after 1 sec it lights up again o_O
Any suggestion?

EDIT 2
solved with clover fixshutdown :beachball::headbang::headbang:

-Not 1000% necessary, but...did u get your optical audio out to work?

Last edited:
Oh good :) I was going to ask you about your power settings in BIOS as well as your c-state settings in clover options in case there was something else to it. I don't have any shutdown problems with mine so probably wouldn't have been much help. I did have problems with sleep and hibernate in the Mavericks install until I tweaked those settings. All clear on Sierra though now.

I've only used the headphone and mic ports on the on-board sound card. My Firewire sound card isn't supported in Sierra (yet) though. That's what was causing the system to fail at boot after using migration assistant, post-install. Removing the drivers from the file system in recovery mode was a mission but I got there. I'm at a point where I'm happy with the basics. I'll probably tinker with the setup more in time but I'll go with what I have for the moment

Hope it all goes well for you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back