Contribute
Register

Intel DX975XBX2 - Operational

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks a million guys! Much love and respect. One thing I had to change was the video card. I got the MSI GeForce N210 512MB DDR2 (N210-D512D2) and it works like a dream. :cool:

rygar45 said:
Thanks a million guys! Much love and respect. One thing I had to change was the video card. I got the MSI GeForce N210 512MB DDR2 (N210-D512D2) and it works like a dream. :cool:

Did you have to use any kexts besides the DSDT file?

No. I just used the DSDT that was posted and used the basic settings. I couldn't get the sound to work so i bought a usb sound adapter.

iraklis79 said:
Just used voodoo 2.7.3, haven't tried the optical out or in. The only time I get any crackling or popping is when running the Visualizer in iTunes. The way to get rid of it is just close the app and start it again. Haven't played around with the sleeping part.

Hi iraklis79, I got my first hackintosh working fine. Only SoundBlaster Optical OUt isn't working and I'd like to use it for connecting to my home theater. Works fine in Windows.

1. Can you test yours to make sure it is working ?
2. How can I know what version of voodoo kext I had installed ?

Thanks

Hi Guys,

really appreciate your efforts and information you are sharing on this forum. I am (still) running 10.5.8 on my D975xbx2 for almost 5 years without any issues. but I think it's time to move on and update my system.

I read a lot of success stories with OSX Lion running on D975xbx2 and I am curious if it is stable and functional as 10.5.8. (incl. sleep and onboard sound working).

I appreciate any details or experiences you have with old bad axe 2.

Thanks

****UPDATE****
I am more than happy to report that using provided tutorials I§ve managed to get fully working LION system (10.7.4. updated natively) including on-board sound and sleep fully functional (using only 2 modified kexts).

Hello there,

I confirm that Lion install works, I was using the BadAxe2 with Snow Leopard and "Buildsmart" Ultimate BadAxe 2 method.

I followed the Unibeast and Multibeast instruction and only used the DSDT.aml found in this thread, didn't need any kext as I'm using a Fiio USB soundcard, sleep works out of the box.

my specs:
BadAxe 2 - with BuildSmart BIOS
Intel Q6600 @ 3 Ghz
8 GB of ram
MSI 285GTX
no DVD
USB soundcard

ciao
Davide

Just an update...

Yesterday I tried to install Mountain Lion and it worked as well, I used the new UniBeast to create the USB install disk, than Mutibeast and the same DSDT.aml provided in this thread. At first had problem with sleep, It worked fine on my install test disk, it's an old PATA HD, but when I tried on my regular SATA HD sleep didn't trigger. Like Lion the drive icon show as external diskk (orange colour) but than sleep worked fine, to solve this problem i installed with Multibeast the IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext that solved sleep and the disk show as internal.

A note on sleep, once in a while (months) it stop working, to solve it I need to fix permission and rebuilt system kext cache, for that I use Kext Wizzard but in the past OSX86Tools worked fine too, I have to say that I had this problem with all the OSX install method I used

Ciao
Davide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back