CPU
I5-2500K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, was wondering if anyone has had success installing SL using an Intel DX38BT motherboard? I keep getting stuck at the apple screen before installation begins and tells me to reboot. I plan to upgrade to one of the Gigabyte Z68 boards soon but would like to get SL running on this board first. What commands could I try running from iBoot? (links to available commands?)
I have searched and came up empty handed other than distros which I don't want. I have the retail SL DVD.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Specs:
Intel DX38BT
Intel Core2Quad Q9550
Nvidia GT 430
4 GB Mushkin DDR3 ram
80 GB WD HDD (test drive)
Pioneer BD and Lite-on DVD drives

UPDATE:
Was able to get SL installed by using variables: CPUS=1 GraphicsEnabler=NO -x -v. Ethernet worked OOB. System profiler shows my system as a Mac Pro and id's the cpu correctly :) I Haven't tested sound, disabled for now in bios.
Need to get video driver working. Is that right to download right from Nvidia (hyperlink from download page)? Or do I find a kext? Haven't seen anything in multibeast for nvidia cards.

Also is it correct that to install 10.6.8 I have to go to 10.6.3>10.6.7>10.6.8. Don't recall seeing that in guides but I was not able to run the 10.6.8 combo update until I have 10.6.7 installed. Do I run multibeast now on 10.6.3 and then on each update or just when I get to 10.6.8?

Thanks in advance, Hopefully someone can chime in.

Got Yosemite working :) PM for details if you still need them.

Got Yosemite working :) PM for details if you still need them.

I think that the owner of the hardware and the original poster have moved on .... but thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back