Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Intel DP55WG
CPU
Intel i7 875
Graphics
Nvidia 8400gs
Hello all,

first of all i hope that this is the right section of the forum to post.
I want to install osx on my workstation but i am still stuck at the unibeast boot so i wanted to ask you about some general advice about making it work.

is it even technically possible to make an intel dp55wb mainboard with an i7 875 cpu equipped run with 10.11 or 10.12? Or should i go for older os versions? I am not asking performance wise. Is it even supported or is it a dead end from scratch?
I managed to boot the clover unibeast stick with 10.11 and 10.12.
But the usb boot for osx installation hangs on unibeast 10.11 with "still waiting for root device", the screen cluttered and a prohibited sign
Update: on 10.12 unibeast it stops at the exact same step: "bluetooth bla bla" then cluttered screen and "still waiting for root device"
From my research so far the root device error could be related to usb but i had not found any fix (yes, i searched, yes i tried some flags suggested like npci=x2000 cpus=1 pcirootuid=0
Apart from that i configured the bios exactly like this guy did: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/dp55wg-maverick-10-9-1.119865/

Both unibeast sticks were configured with legacy mode and nvidia injection as i have a nvidia 8400gs

My specs:
Mainboard: Intel DP55WG
CPU: i7 875
Ram: 16gb
GPU: Nvidia 8400gs

Hope that some of you can give me the missing hint.
Thanks in advance
Regards
DocMabuse

ps: oh snap, just realized that i posted into the post-installation forum. sorry for that.

Last edited:
@docmabuse, please update your profile (personal details) with your build (Motherboard, CPU and Graphics Card).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back