Contribute
Register

Intel DH77EB DSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay awesome! I just wanted to make sure before I purchased Parallels Desktop 8.

Well, I ended up using the IOReg that was zipped and attached but that was after I signed up as an Apple Developer...hopefully that doesn't matter?

Before I asked toleda for help I reinstalled everything from scratch and it fixed the EBIOS error. Do you think I still need to get a new drive? I think the problem was that it was in the middle of trying to do something and got froze up so I did a hard turn off.

Also, would you have any idea as to why my computer comes back on after I shut it off?

Before you try the below steps clear the logs in console and shutdown the computer. It will boot back go to logs copy it to a text file compress it and attach it with the reply.

1, Delete this kext if you have it in S/L/E > PXHCD.kext. Also try disabling the USB 3 ports in BIOS.

2, Backup the DSDT you are currently using rename as DSDT_Orignal or something.
Replace it with the DSDT file named "DSDT_Shutdown patch". Reboot and check.

3, If the above don't work then replace it with the DSDT named "DSDT_Additional patches". Reboot and check.

-

Attachments

• DSDT_Additional patches.zip
    15.5 KB · Views: 106
  • DSDT_Shudown patch.zip
    15.4 KB · Views: 117
Do I need to add the patches in DSDT editor to my existining DSDT or just replace my DSDT with these altogether?

Also, I don't know how to even access console, much less save it or clear it. I feel so useless with this kind of stuff. I tried googling it and it told me to do stuff in terminal. I tried following what it said to do but it didn't give me an option to clear or save?

If you would have told me to do something in Windows I could have done it! But not OS X :(

Those DSDT's are all patched and ready to use. Backup the one you are using and try these one by one.

Before you try the below steps clear the logs in console and shutdown the computer. It will boot back go to logs copy it to a text file compress it and attach it with the reply.

-

Also, I don't know how to even access console, much less save it or clear it. I feel so useless with this kind of stuff. I tried googling it and it told me to do stuff in terminal. I tried following what it said to do but it didn't give me an option to clear or save?

If you would have told me to do something in Windows I could have done it! But not OS X :(

Open console

123.jpg

Note down the time before shutdown. Shutdown the computer and it will reboot. Once you are on desktop console will be running copy all the messages from shutdown time to all the way down. Paste the messages in a text file save it compress it and attach.

Screen Shot 2012-12-17 at 19.46.57.jpg

Before you try the below steps clear the logs in console and shutdown the computer. It will boot back go to logs copy it to a text file compress it and attach it with the reply. -

Okay, I haven't tried any of the steps yet. here is the .txt of the console log. 3:57:20 is the last thing I did before I told it to shut down. Like usual it came right back on. I traced down 3:57:20 and copied everything from it down. It is attached.

I'm about to try step #1

Attachments

• Console Log.txt.zip
    8.5 KB · Views: 64
1, Delete this kext if you have it in S/L/E > PXHCD.kext. Also try disabling the USB 3 ports in BIOS.

2, Backup the DSDT you are currently using rename as DSDT_Orignal or something.
Replace it with the DSDT file named "DSDT_Shutdown patch". Reboot and check.

-

Step 1 did not work because I did not have PXHCD.kext.

Step 2 DID WORK!

Should I save that DSDT as my primary DSDT now?

Side note: Do you think there will ever be a patch to support USB 3.0 for Hackintosh?

That is fantastic :thumbup:, use that "DSDT_Shutdown patch" as the main DSDT file.

Download Systeminfo > http://olarila.com/kexts/ run it and attach the screenshots.

Check the type of USB 3 ports and also check the type of the USB 3 drives available in multibeast (select the option and you will see details at the bottom).

If they match install the drives and you should be good.

Intel DH77EB -- DSDT free ?

has anyone tried a DSDT free installation with
- ASUS 210 video card
- Chameleon-2.2

thank in advance !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back