Contribute
Register

Intel DH77EB DSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't know what you mean by booting with -v or -v -x. I'm sorry!

I will reinstall mountain lion and take a picture of everything that I am going to install.

Boot with -v means when you see tonymac icon during booting hit any key to stop the booting process.

Type -v and hit enter again to continue the booting process. This time you will see codes running up rather then apple logo.

And when the text stops scrolling take a photo and attach.

Shutdown the computer and try -v -x once the above is done.

And don't forget the Multibeast screenshot.

I think it's awesome that -x -v made it boot up.

I got your screenshots. One after -v. One of which version of multibeast I was using. and a couple of the stuff that I installed with multibeast.

To answer your other question, I am using a Samsung 830 SSD.

Do I need to do a fresh install or is it still okay to do whatever we need to do to fix the boot, etc.

Also, I installed the Realtek ALC892 (which is what my motherboard has) but my audio still isn't working. It doesn't even show up that I have a device under system preferences > audio.

Do I need to install the graphics driver for my Intel HD4000 through multibeast? Or does it not needed? Or should I just wait til later?

What is our next step? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_0851.jpg
    IMG_0851.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 501
  • Screen Shot 2012-12-15 at 3.58.47 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-12-15 at 3.58.47 PM.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 314
  • Screen Shot 2012-12-15 at 3.54.51 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-12-15 at 3.54.51 PM.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 517
  • Screen Shot 2012-12-15 at 3.57.05 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-12-15 at 3.57.05 PM.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 353
That's good. Looks like power management issue.

By typing -x at the boot screen you have entered the system in safe mode and Audio/video will not work on safe mode.

Don't need a fresh installation. Download the attached kext unzip it and keep it on the desktop.

Download the tool Kextbeast and run it. > http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=32

This will install the kext on desktop.

Reboot with just -v this time. If the new kext worked then you should be able to boot into OSX.

-

Attachments

• AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.zip
    78.3 KB · Views: 229
Okay, I installed the kextbeast with the kext on the desktop. It still would not boot up. I'm not sure if there is any difference in the picture but I took a picture of the screen and have attached it.

I did safe boot again.

Attachments

• IMG_0852.jpg
    IMG_0852.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 991
I can be patient when it comes to computers but this is getting irritating. Do you think we will get it stable? or do you think it is a lost cause?

Also, I'm not questioning your judgement because you obviously know a hell of a lot more than me, but how come I couldn't just do Easybeast? Is it full of garbage stuff that I don't need?

Relax you run it problem and you fix it thats the part of hackintosh. Be happy you are learning something new.

Good that you provided the screenshot. The power management issue is gone. Its a different error this time.

Disconnect all the USB except keyboard and mouse and try booting only with -v.

If the above fails try booting with -v -f.

If you manage to get pass this issue you will have a working system.

Oh, I love learning new things! I just didn't want it to be too much trouble for you, but as long as you're willing I'll do whatever.

I only had 2 things plugged in through USB. My keyboard/mouse combo and a Bluetooth adapter to use my apple keyboard. I unplugged the bluetooth adapter and it still wouldn't boot up in with only -v. It did however boot up with -v -f. What does "-v -f" mean? just curious.

I'm assuming this isn't a form of safe mode though because it says I have sound.

What's next? :)

Go to Extra folder under main drive and open the file called org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

Right click and open it with text and delete only these 2 lines.

<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Save the file and exit the folder. Reboot without typing anything this time. Apple boot screen will show up and the system will boot.

That's awesome!

And that boot was way faster than it was when it would actually boot when I had installed Easybeast!

So am I done with multibeast now? Or do I need to install the Intel Graphics? I just don't know what is required for me to use my HDMI port with my tv. Or should I try it first?

By the way, this is flipping sweet!

By the way, this is flipping sweet!

lol, few minutes back it was a different story.

HD4000 should work OOB. Go to system report and check everything is detected properly like below but HD4000.

Screen Shot 2012-12-16 at 00.27.05.png

Also go into the System Preferences > Displays and make sure you are able see different resolution when Scaled is selected.

If above 2 things looks fine that means graphics is working perfect.

To get the HDMI Audio you need a DSDT with correct edits.

Use this link http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/31716-guide-creating-your-own-dsdt-most-boards.html and download the tool DSDT Editor.

Run it and extract the DSDT file save it as .dsl file (4th option under tab file) compress it and attach ill edit it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back