Contribute
Register

Intel DH77DF Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
rbrooks said:
I was determined to make my hack as small, fast, and quiet as possible, so I used a DH77DF motherboard. The built-in PCI Express card slot allowed me to install the Broadcom BCM94322MC Wifi adapter. That combined with the built-in firewire meant I didn't need any add-in cards which allowed the height of the case to be limited to 7.3 cm. I used the Intel Core i5-3570K with Intel HD Graphics 4000 to avoid the added space and heat dissipation requirements of a video card.

Things that work correctly include sound, shutdown, DVI and HDMI video, ethernet, and Wifi. I did have to extract the DSDT and patch it which I have attached it to this post. Is there a more preferred way to share DSDTs?

I followed the standard UniBeast guide and used MultiBeast with the following options:
System Utilities
Drivers & Bootloaders -> Kexts & Enablers ->
Disk -> TRIM Enabler
Miscellaneous -> FakeSMC Plugins -> Motherboard Plugins
Miscellaneous -> FakeSMC Plugins -> HWMonitor Application
Miscellaneous -> FakeSMC
Miscellaneous -> Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement -> OS X 10.7.4 Ivy Bridge
Network -> hnak's AppleIntelE1000e Ethernet

Thanks a lot for your answer and DSDT file.

Could you tell us what does not work properly? Do you have any issues with this board?

Currently plugging a USB 2.0 flash drive into a USB 3.0 port causes the machine to freeze. Also sleep doesn't work. Shutdown and bootup are so fast that I prefer that over sleep anyway.

Everything else I have tested is working. I did use MSRDumper to test that SpeedStep is working and got the following: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 16 17 18 19 20 33 34 36

"Currently plugging a USB 2.0 flash drive into a USB 3.0 port causes the machine to freeze" (10.7.4)
Freeze with Montain Lion ?

I'm actually going to attempt a build with this motherboard, and haven't found any success stories of people running Mountain Lion...

rbrooks, have you upgraded?

Also, to the room at large, is there any reason I shouldn't use the DSDT posted earlier with ML?

I was determined to make my hack as small, fast, and quiet as possible, so I used a DH77DF motherboard. The built-in PCI Express card slot allowed me to install the Broadcom BCM94322MC Wifi adapter. That combined with the built-in firewire meant I didn't need any add-in cards which allowed the height of the case to be limited to 7.3 cm. I used the Intel Core i5-3570K with Intel HD Graphics 4000 to avoid the added space and heat dissipation requirements of a video card.

Things that work correctly include sound, shutdown, DVI and HDMI video, ethernet, and Wifi. I did have to extract the DSDT and patch it which I have attached it to this post. Is there a more preferred way to share DSDTs?

I followed the standard UniBeast guide and used MultiBeast with the following options:
System Utilities
Drivers & Bootloaders -> Kexts & Enablers ->
Disk -> TRIM Enabler
Miscellaneous -> FakeSMC Plugins -> Motherboard Plugins
Miscellaneous -> FakeSMC Plugins -> HWMonitor Application
Miscellaneous -> FakeSMC
Miscellaneous -> Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement -> OS X 10.7.4 Ivy Bridge
Network -> hnak's AppleIntelE1000e Ethernet

I have this Intel mobo as well. Have you tested dual monitors? I can't seem to get that working with the HD4000 integrated video.

I have got this mobo fully working under ML now. Used Unibeast 1.5.3 and MultiBeast 5.0.2.

Awesome! I got mine running, too. I'm using Easybeast, because when I tried the DSDT listed above, I would get kernel panics. Did it work for you?

At this point, it seems to run fine (and FAST, and STABLE!) with a 3770s and an SSD. Sleep doesn't work, and when I tell the machine to shut down it will reboot. I have to catch it during POST and flip the power switch. This seems like the kind of thing a working DSDT would fix, right?

Awesome! I got mine running, too. I'm using Easybeast, because when I tried the DSDT listed above, I would get kernel panics. Did it work for you?

At this point, it seems to run fine (and FAST, and STABLE!) with a 3770s and an SSD. Sleep doesn't work, and when I tell the machine to shut down it will reboot. I have to catch it during POST and flip the power switch. This seems like the kind of thing a working DSDT would fix, right?

I am not using a DSDT.

Sleep doesn't work for me either but I never use it.

You can solve the shut down issue by changing a setting in your BIOS. I forgot exactly what it was but it had to do something with Reboot on Power failure or something like that. Just Google a bit and you will find the solution, that's how I figured it out.

I did use MSRDumper to test that SpeedStep is working and got the following: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 16 17 18 19 20 33 34 36

Does Speedstep work out of the Box? If not are you using a patched BIOS or a patched AppleCPUPowerManagement.kext (from MultiBeast)?

With Everything else working this is one really nice Board for Mountain Lion...

I am not using a DSDT.

Sleep doesn't work for me either but I never use it.

You can solve the shut down issue by changing a setting in your BIOS. I forgot exactly what it was but it had to do something with Reboot on Power failure or something like that. Just Google a bit and you will find the solution, that's how I figured it out.

Just to clarify, since I'm new to all this... Are you running Easybeast, or "UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation" in Multibeast?

For anyone else having trouble with shutdown with this board, you're right! it was a BIOS setting, what a relief! I thought I had already altered the applicable option, but I was wrong:

I had Wake System from S5 set to Disabled. This wasn't the correct setting.
What I needed to alter was Wake on LAN from S4/S5 to Stay Off. THIS has solved it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back