Graphics
Radeon HD 5770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
has anyone got some experience with OS X on the intel DH67GD mobo? I find it tempting because it's one of the few featuring firewire onboard. And it's cheap.

Another question: does HD3000 graphics (from the i7 2600 for example) support QE/CI?

Thanks for your expertise, keep up the good work.

Don't think integrated graphics work yet, also the asus sabertooth comes with two FireWire ports. They work oob.

well i will give it a try anyway, i have a flawless working 5850 as a fallback option.

I've looked at the sabertooth but it has way too many features i will never need. Also it's much too expensive. I'm neither a gamer nor an overclocker. I need a muscular mac for sound production.

I'll report on the results next week.

I got the hardware today. after some unsuccessful attempts with iBoot i switched to iboot legacy. the system is installing right now. i'm using the integrated gfx, so far standard vesa resolution over DVI.

more in about 30 mintues

system:

Intel mobo DH67GD mATX
i7 2600
8 GB kingston hyperx CL7 memory
1 TB WD 1002FAEX SATA-III

system has restarted successfully after install.

feels very quick even in comparaison to the q9650 i used before

LAN and firewire work out of the box, that's nice.

Are you using the IGP then? Have you been able to get better than VESA?

Hi Robo2k! Is the 1155 socket? wich version of Mac OSx have used? Thx!!

Hi!
I am also trying to setup MAC OSx on the DH67GD board with i7-2600 and am shopping around for hardware, got the motherboard and CPU. Looking at a graphics card that will serve dual function for Win7 gaming and also the MAC OSx. I am looking at using the Sapphire HD6790, any idea if this graphics card will work. Would appreciate inputs before I purchase the card.

Thanks
KatanaS

Did u manage to set resolution higher than 1024x768 w/ the integrated GFX?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back