Contribute
Register

Intel DH55TC + Core i3 530

Status
Not open for further replies.
tonymacx86 said:
bogiedeguia said:
That's awesome news- glad I spent the time pulling that busratio info together- I'll definitely include it on the new guide (if 10.6.3 ever comes out :mrgreen: )

Also good to know that the integrated graphics get picked up by default- even though they're not going to be fully accelerated.

It's perfectly fine to stick the nVidia card in there. Here's what I suggest- download and run the 10.6.2 Combo Update right away.

Then BEFORE REBOOTING run MultiBeast's EasyBeast 10.6.2 Unsupported + Intel Networking in Network and VoodooHDA in Audio + Disk Utilities. Then reboot. Good luck- report back! I'm psyched about this- you're a pioneer my friend.

Thanks! Yeah i am psyched too!

update:

I haven't stuck the nVidia card yet nor ran EasyBeast and the others. But OSX successfully boots every time as long as iBoot is loaded first then the busratio string.

I installed LegacyHDA.kext (ALC888) then rebooted. System profiler still says no audio built in but line out works! launched iTunes and it can play music. front audio ports do not work though.

Will report back after i try sticking the nVidia card and running Easybeast.

Specs in signature- or face thelostswede's wrath. :lol:

tonymacx86 said:
bogiedeguia said:
That's awesome news- glad I spent the time pulling that busratio info together- I'll definitely include it on the new guide (if 10.6.3 ever comes out :mrgreen: )

Also good to know that the integrated graphics get picked up by default- even though they're not going to be fully accelerated.

It's perfectly fine to stick the nVidia card in there. Here's what I suggest- download and run the 10.6.2 Combo Update right away.

Then BEFORE REBOOTING run MultiBeast's EasyBeast 10.6.2 Unsupported + Intel Networking in Network and VoodooHDA in Audio + Disk Utilities. Then reboot. Good luck- report back! I'm psyched about this- you're a pioneer my friend.

Thanks! Yeah i am psyched too!

update:

I haven't stuck the nVidia card yet nor ran EasyBeast and the others. But OSX successfully boots every time as long as iBoot is loaded first then the busratio string.

I installed LegacyHDA.kext (ALC888) then rebooted. System profiler still says no audio built in but line out works! launched iTunes and it can play music. front audio ports do not work though.

Will report back after i try sticking the nVidia card and running Easybeast.

Specs in signature- or face thelostswede's wrath. :lol:

hi!

there i fixed my signature! :)

i went out and bought a palit 9800gt and booted using iboot. true enough, osx detected it, and can showed all resolutions that my monitor can handle.

i ran the combo 10.6.2 update, didn't reboot, ran easybeast 10.6.2 unsupported, vodoohda, intel networking + disk utilities, rebooted.

after the apple logo splash screen and all those strings my screen went blue (with the iboot this blue screen will also last a few seconds and a mouse cursor is movable) with no mouse cursor, i waited for 10 mins is something will happen. none.

i restarted and at the "press enter for startup options" i put in busratio=22, same situation with the blue screen.

i restarted with iboot, went to the desktop, then check system profiler, audio is still no built in audio but my line out seems to working.

i haven't tried the hdmi port of my video card.

what causes it to hang at the blue screen?

Thanks,

Bogie

Try installing NVEnabler64 using MultiBeast- it's on the iBoot, so it should make your system work! :cool:

Hi tonymacx86,

Been very busy with work and i haven't been to fix my install and update here.

Basically after you said to use NVEnabler the 9800GT works! However i am having problems with my HDMI out as well as my onboard audio.

System profiler detects no onboard audio but amusingly my speakers work when i connect it to the line out jack.

My motherboard has a SPDIF header and i connect this to my graphics card - HDMI out with audio works flawlessly under Windows XP (i'm now doing dual boot with 2 HDDs) but when i try to hook up a TV to the HDMI port nothing happens, if i boot with the TV connected to the HDMI as well as the monitor to the VGA port, i'll be able to see the bootloader on the monitor with the TV blank but after it loads the kexts it will hang. If i disconnect the monitor and boot with the TV same thing, i'll get to see the bootloader then it'll hang.

i saw a thread with some guy having problems and i think you said to use NVEnabler but i'm using NVEnabler now.

I just want to be able to use my HDMI with audio so i can hook it up to my A/V receiver, any ideas? :)

Thanks,

Bogie

Bogie-

I'd look into enabling graphics via DSDT. You can set it up to work with all outputs. Also, if you open up NVenabler by right clicking on it and choosing Show Package Contents, you can fool around with the info.plist. More info on the NVenabler Testing and Discussion page here:

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/lofiver ... 370-0.html

Fellas,

I have almost the same configuration, with i3 540 and Geforce GT 430 ... Even applying the tag "busratio = 22", the installation is suspended showing a window with text in several languages to turn off the computer.

Any help is very welcome

Thank you!

H-PROBE said:
Fellas,

I have almost the same configuration, with i3 540 and Geforce GT 430 ... Even applying the tag "busratio = 22", the installation is suspended showing a window with text in several languages to turn off the computer.

Any help is very welcome

Thank you!

With my setup, I have never used any other the new iBoot disks that Tony has been making, My system is only ever have booted correctly using the Intel HD iBoot -1

It can be found in the beginning of this topic: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2348&start=20

Just my pennies, I hope it helps someone. :shifty:

snugglez64 said:
H-PROBE said:
Fellas,

Any help is very welcome

Thank you!

With my setup, I have never used any other the new iBoot disks that Tony has been making, My system is only ever have booted correctly using the Intel HD iBoot -1

It can be found in the beginning of this topic: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2348&start=20

MOOAAAARRR!! IT WORKS!! :headbang: :headbang:

Setup has begun, USB mouse don't work, need fix!

Tks man! :clap:

EDIT: Even a PS2 cant' work... HELP! :crazy:

H-PROBE said:
snugglez64 said:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2348&start=20[/url]

MOOAAAARRR!! IT WORKS!! :headbang: :headbang:

Setup has begun, USB mouse don't work, need fix!

Tks man! :clap:

EDIT: Even a PS2 cant' work... HELP! :crazy:[/quote:f9b4gn5c]

UP :beachball:

EDIT: Due to the mouse problem, I cannot access the disk utility to format the HDD (which was no partition, clean). So I thought I would partition it through Windows so that it could be selected during the installation of SL. Well, now formatted the HDD, the installation program only runs in sec mode "-x" and the HDD is not shown in the installation main window who ask to select it.

Once again, thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back