NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey all,

Been reading a lot about the Haswell refresh known as "Devil's Canyon" that is right around the corner. Something about a 4GHz processor is really exciting... I'd imagine turboboost might push it to 5Ghz even. Anyway, TomsHardware suggests we should "expect the new Haswell models [Devil's Canyon] three months after Z97’s mid-April launch". Having said that, you could say we are still 2 months out but I figured with the recent inclusion of the 9-series mobo's into the buyer's guide I thought this may be worth bringing up.

Obviously Devils Canyon is a bit of lost cause until Apple uses it themselves, but I noticed we're approaching the end of a cycle for both the iMac line and retina Macbook Pro's (if not the regular MBPs as well).

You think we'll see "Devils Canyon" become a realistic hackintosh possibility in the coming months?

I read that the i7-4790k is supposed to be released June 2nd. After seeing some of the articles around the internet talking about the Broadwell release, I imagine that we will be seeing Devils Canyon sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back