Contribute
Register

Intel Core i7 4930k / ASUS Rampage iv extreme / Hackintosh 2.630€ / 3.570$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where can I find HPET? I can't locate it in my BIOS. Please check my upload from zippy share. It includes pictures of my BIOS.

You don't mean hyperthreading? Its active.
High Prescission Event Timer. I don't know gigabyte boards but it might be located in the power management section. Make sure it's enabled.

for osx I, would not use BCLK for over clock (keep it at 100.00 MHz). Try resetting to optimized defaults and turning turbo up to 41x (4.1GHz) or whatever freq you want instead. Also disable VT-d (the boot flag dart=0 disables vt-d if you don't have a setting in the bios).

Hi, I have a p9x79 pro + i7 4930k. I have normal installation time but after post-installation the working is deadly slow. Can you help me with the configutation?

thanks

Hi, I have a p9x79 pro + i7 4930k. I have normal installation time but after post-installation the working is deadly slow. Can you help me with the configutation?

thanks

Just like my situation... Whats your geekbench? Do you have graphic stutters? Everything is very slow.

Please lets stay in contact, if you will fix your problem

Thanks
Marco

thanks
More info please. +1 what's your geek bench? What speeds does HWMonitor report the CPU working at under load? Are you overclocked? What settings have you set in the bios? Please upload your /Extra folder.

thanks

Please check my video. Do you have the same "tempo"?

I've installed osx again with -v -f npci=0x3000 cpus=1 PCIRootUID=0

Same graphic/cpu tempo. Its 10x slower then normal.

Please check my video.

Attachments

• Video.rar
    1.1 MB · Views: 111
Please check my video. Do you have the same "tempo"?

I've installed osx again with -v -f npci=0x3000 cpus=1 PCIRootUID=0

Same graphic/cpu tempo. Its 10x slower then normal.

Please check my video.
Use npci=0x2000 (NOT 0x3000) or your audio will never work.

Use npci=0x2000 (NOT 0x3000) or your audio will never work.

Thats my smallest problem, but thanks. I use an external firewire soundcard for music production (M-Audio Profire 610). My system does not work right. :( :( :(

I am unable to get right the sound ALC898 is choppy and hears two seconds. I tried unsuccessfully many indications.

Hi, I have a p9x79 pro + i7 4930k. I have normal installation time but after post-installation the working is deadly slow.

My system does not work right. :( :( :(

Hi guys, I am back from being 'suspended' ;-) (as I tried to help some of you and referred to forbidden websites... Sorry I won't do it again...)

Any news? Still no success, easy step by step tutorials for setting up a 6 core i7 4930k beast? At this stage I don't care anymore which motherboard, as long as I don't end up having the same **** you're in.

The March buyers guide is finally updated with the i7 4930K, and GTX 770 4GB... They mention some 'workarounds are necessary" as we all know already. I just wonder if they know the workarounds themself, and if so, it would be nice if they'd share it with us.

Hi,
i have the same processor with the asus sabertoot x79 and EVGA GTX 650 1G same problem realy slow and benchmark out of the rang 98687, let me know if you find any solution ,my activity monitors show 12 thread/6 core but everything it's sooo slow. let me know..thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back