Contribute
Register

Intel Core i7 4930k / ASUS Rampage iv extreme / Hackintosh 2.630€ / 3.570$

Status
Not open for further replies.
The screenshot was made while "-v npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No cpus=1

After the error message appears a grey screen

Setup
i7-4930k @ 4,1 ghz
Gigabyte x79 UP4 @ F4 Bios
Nvidia GTX 760 4GB
32GB Ram 1866Mhz
256GB Samsung Pro SSD

@Marcox4 @dkmn

That's frustrating: Marco has changed from Asus R4E to Gigabyte X79 UP4.
Gigabyte is supposed to be the focus here and is supposed to be more easy to setup.... And he still doesn't succeed. (There is not one i7 4930K Goldenbuild, good tutorial, guide)

I still need to buy the hardware. Was doubting between R4E / Gigabyte.
I prefer R4E (with enough PCI-E slots+ SATA 6GB connections), but if that would be 'too difficult' I'd go for a Gigabyte, but apparently they are both difficult...

No matter which motherboard: If in the end I'm not able to build a stable OSX system that works.... I am cheaper of buying a mac after all...

Both work. I certainly did not recommend switching, although I like both manufacturers. There just isn't much X79 support on this forum yet; you have to search around elsewhere.

As to your last point: It almost never makes sense to build a hackpro for money savings alone. No matter how adept you are you will spend lots of time fiddling, and then still with upgrades. That said, X79 will give a lot of performance.

You are getting an unknown CPU error, from the power mgmt subsystem. Try NullCPUPowerManagement.kext if it's not there already.
David

PS. emailed you as well

Hi Marco
First you should try your boot flags combinations with npci=0x2000 instead of 0x3000. Also, I think the gigbyte x79 boards have more issues than the Asus board. For instance, you need the flag cpus=1 and you will need to use VoodooTSCSync.kext once you get OS X installed until gigabyte fixes their BIOSs. But if you switched to gigabyte because you like the features of that board better, then you made the right decision. They both work about the same but in my opinion Asus has a slight upper hand.

AFAIK 10.9.2 works with IvyBridge-E CPUs and no modification to the kernel is necessary.

Try: -v -f npci=0x2000 cpus=1

If that doesn't work, add: GaphicsEnabler=Yes or: PCIRootUID=0 to the combination.

@ Shilohh! :!:
I'm very glad to confirm, that my system is running! I can't believe it. I will write a guide. My Kernels are -v -f npci=0x2000 cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes to install the system.

I actually have some problems:

1:
My graphic has stutters. Do you know what I can do? Every window is very very slow (it feels like a 5mb graphic card...). I've downloaded the newest CUDA Nvidia drivers.

2:
I've installed the Multibeast Trim enabler and a Trim Enabler (App) from the Web too. My Blackmagic Disc Speed Test says: write 1140MB / read 1170MB. I don't use a Raid. Its only one Samsung 840 Pro (256GB) SSD. Anything goes wrong.. ? :( Thats to much...

3. My system is slow like a system from 1990. Installs are ok, but opening a window (please see the movie) is extreme slow... (Graphiccard?) My Geekbench (only tested as 32-bit version, because I haven't payed the version) gives a single core of 16736 and Multicore 16629 (picture attached) processor speed @19ghz? haha, its a future system :p. I guess only 1 of 6 cores are working...

Please download my Zip with 4mb with 2 pictures and 1 movie.

If you have any tipps. Please could you say it step by step?

Thanks,
Marco

Attachments

• Problem i7-4930k.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 112
Did you install VoodooTSCSync yet? If so is the info.plist properly edited for 6 core CPU with 12 threads? Also what are your bios settings? Can you take screenshots? Also please save me a .ioreg from iojones or ioregistry explorer. And open MaciASL and save me a dsdt.dsl. Also send me your "/Extra" folder. I won't be able to get to your files till tomorrow.

@ Shilohh! :!:
I'm very glad to confirm, that my system is running! I can't believe it. I will write a guide. My Kernels are -v -f npci=0x2000 cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes to install the system.

I actually have some problems:

1:
My graphic has stutters. Do you know what I can do? Every window is very very slow (it feels like a 5mb graphic card...). I've downloaded the newest CUDA Nvidia drivers.

2:
I've installed the Multibeast Trim enabler and a Trim Enabler (App) from the Web too. My Blackmagic Disc Speed Test says: write 1140MB / read 1170MB. I don't use a Raid. Its only one Samsung 840 Pro (256GB) SSD. Anything goes wrong.. ? :( Thats to much...

3. My system is slow like a system from 1990. Installs are ok, but opening a window (please see the movie) is extreme slow... (Graphiccard?) My Geekbench (only tested as 32-bit version, because I haven't payed the version) gives a single core of 16736 and Multicore 16629 (picture attached) processor speed @19ghz? haha, its a future system :p. I guess only 1 of 6 cores are working...

Please download my Zip with 4mb with 2 pictures and 1 movie.

If you have any tipps. Please could you say it step by step?

Thanks,
Marco

1, 3) It may be because you aren't using all of your available graphics RAM. Some sources call this your framebuffer. I had this issue on my laptop with Intel HD 3000 graphics. About This Mac/More Info/Graphics might display an amount of MB/GB that is higher than the amount your computer is actually using but it won't display an amount that's lower than the actual. Thus, you know that your framebuffer is too low if it says something like NVidia GeForce GTX 760 64MB.

If that's the case, this may be able to fix it, but hopefully there's a better method:

http://teksocial.com/socialblog/201...t-to-finish-part-5-post-installation-tip.html

1, 3) It may be because you aren't using all of your available graphics RAM. Some sources call this your framebuffer. I had this issue on my laptop with Intel HD 3000 graphics. About This Mac/More Info/Graphics might display an amount of MB/GB that is higher than the amount your computer is actually using but it won't display an amount that's lower than the actual. Thus, you know that your framebuffer is too low if it says something like NVidia GeForce GTX 760 64MB.

If that's the case, this may be able to fix it, but hopefully there's a better method:

http://teksocial.com/socialblog/201...t-to-finish-part-5-post-installation-tip.html
The mentioned "frame buffers" in this context are only applicable to AMD cards.

Did you install VoodooTSCSync yet? If so is the info.plist properly edited for 6 core CPU with 12 threads? Also what are your bios settings? Can you take screenshots? Also please save me a .ioreg from iojones or ioregistry explorer. And open MaciASL and save me a dsdt.dsl. Also send me your "/Extra" folder. I won't be able to get to your files till tomorrow.

Hi Shilohh,

yes, I've installed the VoodooTSCSync from Multibeast. Please find attached my pictures during the installation. After I tried 4 hours to fix my problem, I have installed a VoodooTSCSync from the web via Kextbeast too. Without any success..

"Also please save me a .ioreg from iojones or ioregistry explorer."
--> How can I do that? Please step by step. Im not the best in OSX, I have only a Macbook Pro ("mid 11) in use for web ;-).

Everything is very slow. My Backup (9GB) has taken (!) 1,5 hours! Really frustrating.

Please notice:
I have to start with my boot flags (-v -f npci=0x2000 cpus=1 GraphicsEnalber=Yes (No works too)), because my org.chameleon.boot doesn't work well.
My Bios is in german. Einstellungen=Preferences, Kontrolle=Control, Spannung=Voltage, Lüfter=Fan / 80% are in english.

Please download my files: 27MB (Bios pictures, Multibeast pictures, my VoodooTSC, Preferences, DSDT and Extra):
http://www63.zippyshare.com/v/87652803/file.html

Thanks! :)
Marco

cpus=1 = use only 1 core. Once you have VoodooTSCSync installed you shouldn't need it any more. Now you should only need npci=0x2000 and GraphicsEnabler=Yes. But try just npci=0x2000 also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back